After two months of testing, Apple finally released the release candidate of iPadOS 16.5 for developers. Additionally, the iOS 16.5 release candidate is also being seeded for iPhone, as always. The upgrade brings a number of changes as well as enhancements. Read along to know all details about the new iPadOS 16.5 release candidate.
Release Candidate (RC) is the new name for Apple’s Golden Master, Yes, the final build of iPadOS is rolling out to the testers, it will be available to everyone next week. Apple plants the new firmware on the iPad with a 20F65 build number. It weighs around 4.86GB in size, you can freely update your iPad to the latest software.
Before moving to the changes coming with the iPadOS 16.5 RC, Apple today confirms that Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro to the iPad. The two apps will be available starting May 23; the subscription starts from $4.99 (US) per month or $49 (US) per year.
Talking about the changes coming with iPadOS 16.5, then Apple updates the Apple News app by including new Sports tab as well as My Sports section for quick access to the scores, rankings, and stories. Other than that, the upgrade brings a fix to the Screen Time settings sync issues and Spotlight not responding properly.
Here’s the complete changelog.
- Sport tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, rankings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
- My Sports score and fixture cards in Apple News take you directly to match pages where you can find additional details about specific matches
- Fixed an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
If you want to update your iPad to iPadOS 16.5 RC then you need to install the beta profile if it’s not already installed. If the beta profile is installed you can go to Settings > General > Software Update. And once the update is available tap Download and Install.
Before installing the update make sure to backup important data and charge your phone to at least 50%.
- 16 Stunning Aesthetics Wallpapers for iPad
- Apple announces watchOS 9.5 release candidate for developers
- What Does Offload App Mean and How to use it on iPhone and iPad?
- How to turn off Apple TV and Apple Watch Keyboard Notification on iPhone and iPad
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to iPad [All Models]
- How to Customize iPad Home Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Sideload apps on iPhone and iPad [Easy Guide]