Now that the new iPhone lineup and iOS 17 public release is getting closer, Apple is now pushing iOS 17 beta updates every week. Apple is working on making the iOS 17 more stable with less to no bugs in it. And as part of the testing process, today Apple released iOS 17 Beta 7 to developers and iOS 17 Beta 5 to Public Beta Testers.
As usual, first the update for Developers was released and after few hours the beta update for Public beta testers was released. After this release, I think there will be maximum of one or two beta builds before release candidate build. The iPhone 15 lineup is anticipated to launch on September 12 and iOS 17 is also expected to make debut to public on the same day.
Today Apple also released iPadOS 17 Beta 7, watchOS 10 Beta 7, tvOS 17 Beta 7, macOS Sonoma 14 Beta 6, macOS Ventura 13.6 RC, and macOS Monterey 12.7 RC.
The build number is same for new iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 beta builds. It is 21A5319a. Both developer beta as well as public beta are of same size, but the update size will vary by device.
Now let’s talk about new features and changes of the latest iOS 17 beta build.
- The End Call has been moved to the middle also in the Keypad screen. In the last beta it was moved for the main call screen.
- A new modem update with firmware version 2.08.02
- Suggest Music shortcut has been replaced by a Recently Played shortcut
- Haptics bug on using Mute switch has been resolved in this build. The haptic feedback now work even on disabling silent mode. This suggest, Apple is testing the upcoming Action button working
- Some small changes and bug fixes
The seventh beta of iOS 17 is available for Developers, and fifth beta of iOS 17 is available to public beta testers. If you are already on the iOS 17 beta, you can check for the update under Settings > General > Software Update.