Apple releases the fifth beta of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 to developers. The public beta update will be available soon, probably within a day. The new beta update arrived a day earlier than we expected. And with the new beta update and new month, we are now closer to iOS 16 public release which will be available next month in September. Let’s find out what’s new in iOS 16 beta 5 and iPadOS 16 beta 5.
iOS 16 Beta is getting close to stable with each beta release. And so users can also test the new beta builds on primary devices as most of the major bugs have been fixed. The last beta i.e. fourth iOS 16 beta was released in the last week of July. As usual, the developer beta was available first and then the public beta.
Along with iOS 16 Beta 5 and iPadOS 16 Beta 5, Apple also released watchOS 9.0 Dev Beta 5, macOS 13 Ventura Dev Beta 5, and tvOS 16 Dev Beta 5. Talking about build numbers both iOS 16 Beta 5 and iPadOS 16 Beta 5 come with build number 20A5339d. And the d at the last suggests we are getting closer to stable build release.
Coming to the changes and improvements, the iOS 16 Beta 5 comes with multiple changes and bug fixes. And we will continue seeing changes until the last beta or second the last beta as it is a major update and there are still many improvements that need to be done. Also, the new beta update comes with multiple bug fixes. Below you can find the list of new features and changes.
- New modem firmware (From 2.08.01 to 2.09.01)
- The battery percentage in battery icon is back (It is missing from some specific iPhones, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone XR )
- The continuity camera battery usage is now available in Battery Settings along with a new icon
- When a Song is playing, Dolby Atmos and Lossless support information now shows near the Album name
- Find My iPhone Alert now has a new Sound
- Now you can delete screenshots directly after copying text to the clipboard if you take the screenshot just to copy text
- New splash screens in Photos, Maps, Home, Find My apps
- There are also some bug fixes and code changes as well
The iOS 16 Beta 5 is currently available to developers. And the public beta is expected to release soon within a day or it can even take some more time. If you are on the iOS 16 Dev Beta 4, then you can easily update your iPhone from Settings > General > Software Update. Before updating, make sure to take a backup of important data.