Apple seeds new betas of iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 for developers and will soon be available to public beta testers if not already available. Apple released the fourth beta last week with some bug fixes. Well some of us expected the release candidate build next, but the beta 5 update doesn’t surprise us either.
Apple is also testing the iOS 16 beta along with the iOS 15.6 beta and this week we are expecting a new beta of iOS 16 as well. And since iOS 16 is a major update, the new iOS 15.6 beta is unlikely to get new features.
Apart from iOS 15.6 Beta 5 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 5, Apple also released watchOS 8.7 Beta 5, macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 5, and tvOS 15.6 Beta 5. Both iOS 15.6 Beta 5 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 5 come with build number 19G5063a. As per the build number, the next update could be the release candidate followed by a public release.
As mentioned earlier, it won’t be a surprise if you don’t see any noticeable changes as the update is already near the public release. However, there will be bug fixes and improvements just like what we got in the fourth beta update.
The latest iOS 15.6 Beta 5 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 5 update is available to developers. So if you have installed the beta profile, you must have already received the update. For public beta testers, it will go live soon, it might be already live by the time you read it.
To manually check for the update go to Settings > General > Software Update. And in the software update page, tap on Download and Install button.
In case you are on a public build you need to install the beta profile on your iPhone.
How to get iOS 15.6 Beta 5 & iPadOS 15.6 Beta 5
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.6 Beta 5 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.6 Beta 5 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.6 Beta 5 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.