Apple releases the fourth beta of iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 to developers and public beta testers. After skipping the rollout expected on Monday, it’s finally out today. And with the release of the latest beta, we are now one step closer to the public release of iOS 15.2. Here you will find out what’s new in iOS 15.2 beta 4 and iPadOS 15.2 beta 4.
As you know the holidays will start soon for everyone, we are expecting the iOS 15.2 public release by the end of the first half of December. But this is expected so we will wait for release candidate builds to be more sure. Apple may release the RC build as early as next week and stable iOS 15.2 later next week. Again it will be clear next week.
Along with iOS 15.2 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 4, Apple also released tvOS 15.2 Beta 4, and watchOS 8.3 Beta 4. Both iOS 15.2 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 4 come with build number 19C5050b. Yes, the beta 4 build number is also ending with b same as beta 3. And so there is a chance of another beta at least as per the build number.
On the changes section, neither of the two updates comes with new features. There are some changes like a new splash screen in the Fitness app, a small change in notification summary UI, etc. But the new update fixes several bugs including known bugs like auto brightness and network issues, thanks to the new modem update. There are still some bugs that need to be addressed which may be fixed in upcoming updates.
iOS 15.2 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 4
Apple seed iOS 15.2 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 4 to developers as well as public beta users. And as usual anyone with beta profile installed on their device will receive the update directly. To manually check for the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. And once it shows the latest beta 4 update, you can install it on your iPhone or iPad.
If you are using the public build of iOS 15.1.1 or iPadOS 15.1.1 then you will have to opt for beta by installing a beta profile to get the beta updates. Installing a beta profile is easy and reliable. Also, remember the update will be bigger if you are switching from public to beta as fresh.
How to get iOS 15.2 Beta 4 & iPadOS 15.2 Beta 4
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.2 Beta 4 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.2 Beta 4 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.2 Beta 4 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.