Apple released iOS 15.1 beta 2 and iPadOS 15.1 beta 2 for developers and soon to public beta testers. Last week after releasing the iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, Apple released the first iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1. And today, Apple released the second beta with a bunch of bug fixes and improvements. Here you will know how to get iOS 15.1 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2.
Since the launch of new iPhones and iPads, many users had expected the public release with major fixes. But as the second developer is already out, it seems we have to wait longer for the next iOS 15 public release. The new beta update is a part of the weekly update that we see almost every week.
Along with iOS 15.1 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2, Apple also released watchOS 8.1 Beta 2 and tvOS 15.1 Beta 2. Talking about build number, both iOS 15.1 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2 comes with build number 19B5052f. The update size varies by device. As I mentioned before, the update brings a bunch of bug fixes and improvements. There can also be some changes and new features in the update.
iOS 15.1 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2
As of now the iOS 15.1 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2 are available for developers. But soon it will be available for public beta testers. If you are already using the first beta, you will receive the second iOS 15.1 beta and iPadOS 15.1 beta on your iPhone and iPad. To manually check for the update go to Settings > Software Update. And once the update is available, click on Download and Install to get the update.
But if you are using the public build of iOS 15/iPadOS 15 then you will have to opt for beta by installing beta profile to get the second beta. You can also install iOS 15.1 beta 2 with Finder or iTunes directly. But installing a beta profile is easy and reliable.
How to get iOS 15.1 Beta 2 & iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.1 Beta 2 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.1 Beta 2 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.