Apple releases the regular Beta update which mostly comes once every week. It is the fourth beta for iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4. The stable update is not so far and so the recent Beta updates also come almost bugless. The public beta will also be available in a few days but for now, it is rolling for iPhones & iPads running on iOS 13.4 Beta 3. In the last Beta, there were some noticeable bugs and it is expected to be fixed in this Beta update. Here you will know how to download iOS 13.4 Beta 4 for iPhones and iPadOS 13.4 Beta 4 for iPads.
The update is available for developers as well as public beta testers and it means you can easily install the latest Beta update on your iPhone or iPad. Some users have reported the network issue while upgrading to the latest iOS 13.4 Beta 4. So try to reboot your device and then reset network settings if it gives error on your device. The update comes with the size around 150MB with some bugs fixes and new features. One of the main features is that WhatsApp for iOS now supports Dark Mode. Just update the WhatsApp to the latest version and turn on Dark Mode on your iPhone or iPad.
In the last beta, there was lag when we select About in settings and this has been fixed in the iOS 13.4 Beta 4. Also, the sound in the Apple TV app has been fixed and the audio is coming properly. There are no other major changes in this update that are noticeable. Below we will provide more information about the latest beta update.
iOS 13.4 Beta 4 – Features and Changes
- WhatsApp Dark Mode: Latest iOS 13.4 Beta 4 brings the Dark Mode support for WhatsApp. I know many users have been waiting for this feature and finally, Apple delivers it. To turn on the Dark Mode on WhatsApp, first update WhatsApp to the latest version and then enable device Dark Mode.
— Steve Moser (@SteveMoser) March 3, 2020
- About Settings: In iOS 13.4 Beta 3 there was an issue that when we tap on About under settings it hangs for a moment and then it opens the next section. But now it is fixed in the 4th Beta.
- Audio in Apple TV app: In the last update, many users have reported that the sound is not coming properly when using the TV app on the device. This has been also fixed with the Beta 4 update.
- Screen Rotation: There was an issue with screen rotation while coming out of apps on the device. And it seems like Apple has also fixed it in the latest iOS 13.4 Beta 4.
There are few more small changes and bug fixes you will find on the Beta 4. This update is majorly for the bug fixes as the stable release is near. If you are already using the iOS 13.4 Beta or iPadOS 13.4 Beta then you can directly install the update from Settings > Software update section.
Download iOS 13.4 Beta 4 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 4
The update is available for all Beta testers, either the user is a developer or public tester. You can install the update with different methods. If you want you can also use iTunes or Finder to install the beta update on your device.
If you are not a Beta tester but want to try the iOS 13.4 Beta 4 on your iPhone then you need to sign up for the Beta. Below you will know how to enroll for the beta.
Sign Up for iOS 13 Beta Program
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page select the correct OS for your devices like iOS or iPadOS.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this click on the Download Profile.
- After installing the Profile reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 13.4 Beta 4 on your iPhone and iPadOS 13.4 Beta 4 on iPad.
For developers, you can install the developer profile by using your developer Apple ID. And then follow the below standard guide to install any update on the device.
Steps to Install Latest iOS 13.4 Beta 4 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 4
- First, make sure that the Beta profile is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that head over to Settings on your device.
- Now go to General > Software Update.
- In Software Update you will find the latest iOS 13.4 Beta 4 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 4 updates.
- Click on Download & Install the latest beta update on your device. It can take time according to the internet connection you have.
In case if you have an IPSW file for the latest beta then you don’t need to install a beta profile as you can directly install the IPSW file. Similarly, you can install other beta updates on your Apple device. In case if you have any questions on your mind, let us know in the comment section.