As per the schedule, Apple has released the second iOS 13.4 Beta & iPadOS Beta for developers. It is just a week since the release of iOS 13.4 Public Beta 1. And the new update just released recently which comes with some changes and new features. Analyzing past updates Apple is more focused on providing better user experience more than providing new features. Also in this update, Apple changed some settings that improve the user experience. As usual, we can expect the public beta release in a few days so everyone can try the second beta on their iPhones. Here we will explain how to download the iOS 13.4 Beta 2 and install it on your iPhone.
Apple also releases updates for macOS, TvOS and WatchOS along with the iOS 13.4 Beta 2. It comes with many new features and changes which include Mail toolbar, CarKey, Home button, Assistive touch and more. The notifications are also reportedly fixed in this beta update. Well, many of the issues have been fixed in this beta but still, some of the bugs remain like rotation problems.
The Mail toolbar in 13.4 beta 2 is different again; they took out Flag, shifted Reply over, and now the far right button is Compose. pic.twitter.com/bIDQJHiN5H
— Benjamin Mayo (@bzamayo) February 19, 2020
It is a small update weighs around 400MB which you can update directly if you are already using the iOS 13.4 Beta 1 on your iPhone. But if you are using an older update released before 13.4 Beta then you need to install with a different method. Some options have been added in TV settings like streaming options, download options and more.
Download iOS 13.4 Beta 2 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 2 (Developer)
It’s not a public beta and so you need to have a developer profile installed on your iPhone to try iOS 13.4 beta 2 updates. In the first iOS 13.4 beta, the toolbar in the Mail app was changed back to four options and it is again updated in this update. The flag icon is removed and now the compose button is added for convenience. The home button haptic description has also changed which and now give more details. The battery life on this update is good as well.
If you are already in the iOS 13.4 Beta 1 with developer profile then you can directly update from the Software update settings. Some users reported that it is giving error when trying to install the Beta 2 with popup ‘Unable to Verify Update’.
*So in this case first go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and delete the update file and try again.
Must Check | How to Jailbreak iPhone 11 & iPhone 11 Pro (Supports A12 & A13)
Download Configuration Profile (Developer Account)
- Go to the Apple developer website on your iPhone.
- Now click on the Discover button.
- On the next page, you will see all the available OS. Click on the iOS or iPadOS that you have.
- It will take you to the next description page, there click on the Download button.
- Log in with your Apple developer ID.
- Go to the iOS 13/iPadOS 13 beta section and click on download. The profile will be downloaded to your Apple device.
- Then install the downloaded profile on your Apple device and follow the below procedure to install the 13.4 Beta 2 update.
If you don’t have a developer id then you can try this configuration file. After downloading the configuration file install the profile and reboot your device. And then you can update your iPhone or iPad to the latest available beta.
Install Latest iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 2
- Make sure that the developer profile is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then open Settings on your device.
- Go to General > Software Update.
- Now the latest iOS 13.4 Beta 2 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 2 will reflect on your device.
- Click on Download & Install the latest beta update on your device. It can take time according to the internet connection you have.
If you have an IPSW file for the latest update then you can use iTunes or Finder to manually install the update. That’s all in the iOS 13.4 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 2 update. In case if you have any questions on your mind, let us know in the comment section.