The Android Pie beta update is now available for the Mi Mix 2 (chiron). The phone which was launched in the year 2017, running on the MIUI 8 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Now gets the new Android Pie 9.0 based update. Recently, the company starts beta testing on the smartphone. Xiaomi Mi Mix phones are the phone of the premium phones by the company. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & update Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Android Pie.
If you’ve already signed up for the beta program, then you’ll get the OTA on your phone. But in case you’ve not received, you can manually update your Mi Mix 2. This is a first beta testing update, you may face some bugs in it. However once the company finalized the testing, the stable version will be released for the smartphone. It also has the latest April 2019 security patch with the MIUI 9.5.9. Soon, it will also receive the MIUI 10 based update.
With this update, your device will run on the Android Pie 9.0, you can access the features like Android Pie 9.0 features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, new Google Camera and more. The build number for the beta firmware is 9.5.9 which is code name as “chiron”. The firmware is size around 1.32GB for download. Let’s download the firmware and then take a look at the installation process.
Download Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta Update
This is a beta update so you won’t receive the update if you’ve not registered for the beta testing program. So, if you’ve missed the beta registration, you can download the firmware from the below section and manually flash it on your Mi Mix 2. The Global beta ROM is not available yet, you can download the China-based update firmware from below link. The update doesn’t have any GApps, so you need to install it to access the Play Services or other GApps. Also, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- The firmware only works on the Mi Mix 2, don’t try it on any other phone.
How to Install Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta Update
- Download the firmware file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your smartphone, in the internal or external storage.
- Now open your smartphone settings > about phone > system updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file.
- That’s it.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using it on the MIUI 9.5.9 based on Android Pie 9.0 beta update. That’s it.
See Also | 10 Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: