The MIUI 10 based on Android Pie 9.0 beta update is available for the Xiaomi Mi 6. The phone which was launched in 2017, running on MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat. Xiaomi Mi 6 is one of the best phones of 2017 by Xiaomi. And recently, the company starts beta testing on the smartphone. And Here’s the step by step manual guide to download & update Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Pie.
This is not an OTA update, so you need to follow the manual method to update your Mi 6 to the latest version of Android. This is a first beta testing update, it may run smoothly on your phone. However once the company has finalized the testing, the stable version will be released for the smartphone. Also, the beta update may come with some bugs. So, You can wait for the official release. We didn’t recommend you install it on your daily driver, while you can use or access it on your secondary phone if you have any.
You can access other Android Pie 9.0 features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, new Google Camera and more. The build number for the beta firmware is 9.4.22 which is code name as “sagit”. The firmware is size around 1.5GB for download. Let’s download the firmware and then take a look at the installation process.
Download Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Pie Beta Update
As this is a beta update, you won’t receive the OTA notification, which simply means you need to flash it manually by your own to take the Pie. Both the global beta and china beta firmware are available for download. Below we attach the download link to the firmware, download and then follow the installation instructions:
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- The firmware only works on the Mi 6, don’t try it on any other phone.
How to Install Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Pie Beta Update
- Download the firmware file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your smartphone, in the internal or external storage.
- Now open your smartphone settings > about phone > system updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file.
- That’s it.
Once done, reboot your smartphone and enjoy the latest Android Pie 9.0 update. That’s all.
See Also | 10 Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for Xiaomi Mi 6. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: