Samsung S10/S10+/S10e are the latest smartphones in S series and these are very popular because of its unique design and of course the features. Just after the launch development of mods like root has already begun. Recently we shared the Samsung S10 root guide. Now in this guide, you will know how to Install TWRP on Samsung S10/S10+/S10e. The method only works for Exynos based S10 phones.
The unofficial version of the TWRP recovery is now available with pre-patched Magisk. As of now, the TWRP recovery is not stable because of Vaultkeeper and encryption in the latest Samsung phones. It is hard to bypass all of this and make all the mods work. Rooting is already possible in Samsung S10, all thanks to Magisk developer topjohnwu. But if you want to install TWRP Recovery then follow this guide. All thanks to geiti94 for providing unofficial TWRP recovery for Samsung S10, S10 Plus & S10e. He is also working on update which will fix all the issues so always connected to his page.
Update: Official TWRP Recovery is now available for all three Samsung Galaxy S10 phones. Download Link added below.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung S10/S10+/S10e
To install TWRP recovery you first have to unlock bootloader. All the Samsung smartphones launched with Android Pie this year has some additional security which prevents overwriting over stock images. That why the rooting method is also different for Samsung S10 lineup. Similarly installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S10 lineup is complex, so follow the steps carefully. But first, let’s check how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e.
- KNOX will be tripped
- OTA updates will not arrive after installing custom binaries
- Samsung Pay and other apps which uses KNOX security will not work anymore
How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
- Unlocking Bootloader will erase all the data so take a full backup
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- Open Settings on your Galaxy S10 phone.
- Go to About Phone and tap 7-8 times on Build Number to enable developer options.
- Go back to Settings and Open Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging in Developer Options.
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect to PC using a USB cable.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power button together and release the keys when you see a Warning screen.
- Long press Volume Up button and it will open another screen, again press Volume Up button to unlock bootloader.
- It will reset the device and unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10.
- The device will automatically boot into the system. Setup the device, no need to setup if you are going to root or install TWRP Recovery because again you have to reset the phone. But make sure to connect your phone to WiFi.
- Now again go to developer options (you have to enable it again) and make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out.
- Also, enable USB debugging again.
- Now the bootloader is unlocked successfully on your Samsung Galaxy S10 phone.
Now you are ready to Install TWRP Recovery on your phone, follow the below guide. Remember that the TWRP is already patched with Magisk so along with TWRP Magisk will also install on your Samsung s10.
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10 Plus
How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S10 Phones
- Take a full backup because this process will erase all the data
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked on your phone
- Download Odin Flash Tool on your PC
- Download TWRP Recovery file
- Download Encryption Disabler for S10/S10+/S10e
- Download Magisk Manager 7.1.2 APK
Steps to Install TWRP on Samsung S10 Phones
- Transfer Encryption disabler zip file to MicroSD card or external storage that you can use on your phone.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options. And make sure that OEM Unlocking is greyed out.
- In PC Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool zip file. And open Odin3.exe from the extracted folder.
- Power off your phone.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Power + Bixby button together and when the blue screen appear, release the buttons and it will boot into Stock Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery mode use the Volume keys to navigate between options and power button to select an option. So navigate to “wipe data/factory reset” and perform a full wipe.
- After complete factory reset, navigate to “Reboot to Bootloader” to boot into bootloader mode.
- While in bootloader mode connect the phone to PC via USB cable. Odin will show blue line above ID:COM, it means your device is connected. If not connected then check drivers.
- In Odin click on AP tab and locate TWRP.tar (TWRP_S10_Magisk_Prepatched.tar) file that you have downloaded earlier.
- After selecting TWRP file click on Start. And when you realize it is going to completely be ready to press buttons.
- As soon as it shows Pass message press & hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click on Install and locate Encryption_disabler.zip and flash it.
- In TWRP Recovery, Go to Reboot > Recovery.
- To boot into rooted system press & hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button together and when you see Samsung Galaxy Logo release all the buttons. Never reboot normally or it will remove root access and even the phone can go to boot loop.
- Now you have successfully installed TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e.
- Never Reboot normally or you will brick your device. Always use the key combination to boot into TWRP Recovery and rooted system.
- Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume Up till Samsung Galaxy logo screen to boot into the rooted system
- Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume Up till TWRP icon to boot into TWRP recovery
So there you have it the complete guide on how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10 and how to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S10 Phones. I hope you found this guide helpful. If you are unable to install TWRP Recovery or unlock bootloader then write your query in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.