Samsung is continuing providing the One UI based updates, this time it arrives on the Galaxy Xcover 4. The smartphone was launched back in 2017, ran on Samsung’s TouchWiz UI based on Android Nougat 7.0. Now, after two years, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 gets the Android Pie 9.0 stable update. The update brings the latest June 2019 security patch along with a lot of new features. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & install Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Android Pie [One UI Stable].
After releasing the update for mid-range budget phones, The company starts rolling out the update for yet another mid-range phone, the Galaxy Xcover 4. The update is currently rolling out in European region via over the air (OTA). While you can download the firmware and then manually update your phone to the Android Pie 9.0. The update brings a lot of new features with a lot of improvements.
The One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update brings a lot of useful features. It comes with Night Mode (Dark Mode), new Navigation Gestures, brand new UI, One hand mode, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, Digital Wellbeing, and some more. The firmware for the update is size around 2GB with a build number G390FXXU4CSF9. Let’s take a look on the Changelog for the update, then download the firmware and follow the installation process.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Android Pie Update – Changelog
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- The new Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera’s color settings to fit the scene.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
Other improvements and changes
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.
Download Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Android Pie Stable Update
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 update is available in European regions, which means you need to download the firmware and the, update via Odin Tool. This is an OTA based update which rolls out in batches, so if you’re in a hurry you can directly update manually using firmware. After downloading the G390FXXU4CSF9 firmware, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Android Pie Update (Firmware Link)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Android Pie Stable Update
- First, download the Firmware for your Phone (SM-G390F).
- Extract the firmware on PC. You will see five different files AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC.
- Also, extract the Odin zip file and open Odin.exe from the extracted folder.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Long press Volume Up + Power + Bixby key together until you see the warning screen.
- In the screen you will see two options, so press Volume Up to boot into Download Mode.
- While in Download Mode, connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In Odin you will see a blue bar just above ID:COM, it means your device is connected and ready to follow further steps.
- Load the AP, BL, CP & CSC files to the respective places in Odin. If you want to clean data then select CSC but if you want to save data then select Home_CSC file (I will recommend clean flash).
- After loading all the files now click on Start.
- It will start flashing the Firmware, you can check progress in the Odin tool.
- After a successful flash, the phone will reboot. Now you have successfully updated Galaxy Xcover 4 to Android Pie Stable Update.
That’s all you have to do to update the phone using Odin tool. You can start using your phone running on the latest Android Pie.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any issues while updating the Galaxy Xcover 4 to the Android Pie, then you can leave the comments in the below comment box. Also, Share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: