Samsung is releasing One UI 1.1 based Android Pie 9.0 updates to most of its Galaxy phones. And luckily the M series has also got the Update including M10, M20, and M30. We have already posted guides about M10 Android Pie and M30 Android Pie. And this one is for Samsung Galaxy M20. The Android Pie update for Galaxy M20 is rolling out in batches as OTA update in selected regions. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download and update Samsung Galaxy M20 Android Pie update.
If you haven’t received the OTA on your phone, then you can download the full ROM and install it manually by following this guide. This is one of the significant updates, and it contains most of the Android Pie goodies along with One UI goodies, some of them are Digital Wellbeing, Bixby Routines, and floating mode. Also, you can access all the Android Pie features. The Android Pie OTA update for Galaxy M20 is around 1.8 GB, and it has the latest Android security patch of May 2019.
Galaxy M20 is among the popular budget phones, and it deserves to get Android Pie update globally. But the OTA process works in batches so it can take a while to reach on every device. And thanks to the availability of manual method which will help you to install the Android Pie update on Galaxy M20 manually. The update has build number/version of M205FDDU1BSEB. Let’s take a look on the Changelog for the update, then download the firmware and follow the installation process.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Android Pie Stable Update – Changelog
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- The new Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera’s color settings to fit the scene.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
Other improvements and changes
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.
- The following applications have been deleted: LinkedIn, Mobile Office
- The following applications have been installed: Amazon Prime video
Download Samsung Galaxy M20 Android Pie Stable Update
If you haven’t received the OTA update on your device and you’re in a hurry. Then, you can simply download the firmware for your smartphone from the below-mentioned download links. The update brings a lot of improvements, new features, and the latest security patch as well. So, download M205FDDU1BSEB firmware and follow the instructions carefully.
- Download Samsung Galaxy M20 Android Pie Stable Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy M20 Android Pie Stable Update
- At first, you need to Download the Odin Flash Tool on your PC.
- Then, download the M205FDDU1BSEB (Android Pie firmware) of Galaxy M20.
- Now, Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy M20 completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy M20.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the One UI 1.1 based Android Pie 9.0 on your smartphone.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any issues while updating the Galaxy M20 to the Android Pie, then you can leave the comments in the below comment box. Also, Share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: