After rolling out the update for major Galaxy J-series phones, Samsung has started rolling out the One UI 1.1 for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo. The Galaxy J7 Duo is yet another smartphone launched under J-series. As the name suggests, the smartphone bears a dual-lens camera setup on the back, launched last year and ran on Android Oreo. Now it gets an Android Pie 9.0 stable update which is based on the top of One UI 1.1. It also brings the latest security patch. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & install Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android Pie [One UI Stable with firmware download link].
The company is doing good is providing the One UI updates to old phones, this time it strikes the Galaxy J7 Duo. It will also hit Galaxy J3 & J3V in the future. The update is currently weeding in India, while you can download the firmware if you want to update your smartphone manually to Android Pie 9.0. The update brings a lot of new features with a lot of improvements and the latest July 2019 security patch.
Talking about the One UI features then, It comes with Night Mode (Dark Mode), new Navigation Gestures, brand new UI, One hand mode, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, and some more. You can also try enabling digital wellbeing on Android Pie 9.0. The firmware for the update is size around 2GB with a build number J720FDDU4BSG7. Let’s take a look on the Changelog for the update, then download the firmware and follow the installation process.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android Pie Update – Changelog
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- The new Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera’s color settings to fit the scene.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
Other improvements and changes
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.
Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android Pie Update [Firmware]
This is an OTA (over the air) based update and the OTAs will take some time to reach out to every single user. These updates are rolled out in batches, so you can wait for the official notification or you may download the firmware and manually update your J7 Duo to the One UI 1.1 stable. After downloading the J720FDDU4BSG7 firmware, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android Pie Update (Firmware Link)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android Pie Stable Update
- First, download the Firmware for your Phone (SM-J720F).
- Extract the firmware on PC. You will see five different files AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC.
- Also, extract the Odin zip file and open Odin.exe from the extracted folder.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Long press Volume Up + Power + Bixby key together until you see the warning screen.
- In the screen you will see two options, so press Volume Up to boot into Download Mode.
- While in Download Mode, connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In Odin you will see a blue bar just above ID:COM, it means your device is connected and ready to follow further steps.
- Load the AP, BL, CP & CSC files to the respective places in Odin. If you want to clean data then select CSC but if you want to save data then select Home_CSC file (I will recommend clean flash).
- After loading all the files now click on Start.
- It will start flashing the Firmware, you can check progress in the Odin tool.
- After a successful flash, the phone will reboot. Now you have successfully updated Galaxy J7 Duo to Android Pie Stable Update.
That’s all you have to do to update the phone using Odin tool. You can start using your phone running on the latest Android Pie.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any issues while updating the Galaxy J7 Duo to the Android Pie, then you can leave the comments in the below comment box. Also, Share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: