Samsung is pushing stable updates to most of its Smartphones including the old phones. Recently the Samsung has released One UI based Android Pie updates for Galaxy J7 Pro and Galaxy J7 Nxt. So it was pretty obvious that the Galaxy J7 (2017) which is the base variant of Galaxy J7 Pro will get stable Android Pie update. Here you can Download & Install Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Android Pie update.
The Android 9 Pie update for Galaxy J7 (2017) is rolling out in Spain and soon it should be available to other countries as well. Samsung is planning to provide One UI to all the phones running on Experience UI. The One UI update for Galaxy J7 (2017) brings Android Pie goodies as well One UI features. So you may see a lot of change including System UI, performance and a lot of other features.
Many users have already got the update in Spain and the update size is around 1GB. The OTA update will take time to roll out in other regions so you may have to wait. But if you don’t want to wait then you can download Galaxy J7 (2017) Android Pie update from here and flash it with Odin (Guide also included). The update comes with latest May 2019 security patch and its version is J730FXXU4CSF1.
In this Android Pie update for Galaxy J7 (SM-J730F) you will get new features such as Night Mode (Dark Mode), Navigation Gestures, New UI, One hand mode and more features related to One UI 1.1. The update also includes Android Pie features such as Digital Wellbeing which gives usage report to users. It prevents users from using the phone for a long time. If you are interested in updating the phone right now then you can Download the firmware from below link and follow the method to update.
Download Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Android Pie Update
Luckily we found the Firmware for this update which you can flash on your phone to update the phone to Android Pie. But if you are from Spain then you should just open settings and check for updates, and update from there. Users from other regions can download the firmware and install it using the below method. The size of this Firmware is around 1.9GB. Use the download link to get the Android Pie Firmware for Galaxy J7 (SM-J730F & SM-730FM).
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Android Pie Update [Direct | Sammobile]
- For SM-J730FM (Russia)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Android Pie Stable Update
- First, download the Firmware for your Phone (SM-J730F or SM-J730FM).
- Extract the firmware on PC. You will see five different files AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC.
- Also, extract the Odin zip file and open Odin.exe from the extracted folder.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Long press Volume Down + Power + Home button together until you see the warning screen.
- In the screen you will see two options, so press Volume Up to boot into Download Mode.
- While in Download Mode, connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In Odin you will see a blue bar just above ID:COM, it means your device is connected and ready to follow further steps.
- Load the AP, BL, CP & CSC files to the respective places in Odin. If you want to clean data then select CSC but if you want to save data then select Home_CSC file (I will recommend clean flash).
- After loading all the files now click on Start.
- It will start flashing the Firmware, you can check progress in the Odin tool.
- After a successful flash, the phone will reboot. Now you have successfully updated Galaxy J7 (2017) to Android Pie Stable Update.
That’s all you have to do to update the phone using Odin tool. The same process will also work in case of other Samsung phones. If anything goes wrong while flashing file (like bootloop) I will recommend flashing Stock firmware for your phone. So finally you can experience Android Pie on Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017).