Samsung has just started rolling out the One UI 1.1 based Android Pie 9.0 update for Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017). The smartphone was launched two years ago and ran on the Android Nougat 7.0 out-of-the-box. The new update brings the latest security patch alongside with new features and improvements. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & install Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) Android Pie [One UI 1.1 Stable with firmware download link].
After successfully rolling out the update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 & Tab A (2017) as well as the Galaxy J3 (2017). Now the company is working in providing the Android Pie 9.0 to their 2017 launched smartphones. And this time it arrives on the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017). At this time, the update is currently weeding in Russia and soon it will arrive in other regions very soon. Fortunately, the update firmware for the Android Pie update is available for the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017).
The update brings a lot of really cool new features, One UI comes with features like Night Mode (Dark Mode), new Navigation Gestures, brand new UI, One hand mode, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, and some more. The update also brings the latest August 2019 security patch. The OTA weighs around approx. 1.8GB in size and with a build numbers J530FMXXU7CSH8. Let’s take a look on the Changelog for the update, then download the firmware and follow the installation process.
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) Android Pie Update – Changelog
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- The new Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera’s color settings to fit the scene.
- Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
Other improvements and changes
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.
Download Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) Android Pie Update [Firmware]
We know that these OTAs (over-the-air based updates) will take some time to arrive on every smartphone. But, If you’re in a hurry, I recommend you to download the firmware from the below download link. And then manually update your J5 (2017) to the One UI 1.1 stable. After downloading J530FMXXU7CSH8 firmware, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) Android Pie Stable Update
- First, download the Firmware for your Phone (SM-J530F).
- Extract the firmware on PC. You will see five different files AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC.
- Also, extract the Odin zip file and open Odin.exe from the extracted folder.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Long press Volume Up + Power + Bixby key together until you see the warning screen.
- In the screen you will see two options, so press Volume Up to boot into Download Mode.
- While in Download Mode, connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In Odin you will see a blue bar just above ID:COM, it means your device is connected and ready to follow further steps.
- Load the AP, BL, CP & CSC files to the respective places in Odin. If you want to clean data then select CSC but if you want to save data then select Home_CSC file (I will recommend clean flash).
- After loading all the files now click on Start.
- It will start flashing the Firmware, you can check progress in the Odin tool.
- After a successful flash, the phone will reboot. Now you have successfully updated Galaxy J5 (2017) to Android Pie Stable Update.
That’s all you have to do to update the phone using Odin tool. You can start using your phone running on the latest Android Pie.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any issues while updating the Galaxy J3 (2017) to the Android Pie, then you can leave the comments in the below comment box. Also, Share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: