Xiaomi is constantly rolling out Android Pie update to its Majority of devices. And Redmi Note 5 & Note 5 Pro were also on the list. The MIUI Beta with Android Pie for Redmi Note 5/5 Pro were already rolled out a few months back. And finally after many beta update and testing the Stable Android Pie for Redmi Note 5/5 Pro is now rolling out in batches. If you haven’t received the update then this guide is for you. Here we will tell how to download & update Redmi Note 5/5 Pro Android Pie stable update based on MIUI 10.3.1.
If you haven’t received the Android Pie stable update for Redmi Note 5 or Note 5 Pro then don’t worry you can install the update manually. The stable Android 9 Pie update is based on MIUI 10.3.1.0.OEIMIXM. This update is rolling out in batches on different regions so it may take time to receive the update. But you can instantly update with Official ROM if you want.
If you tried Beta ROM then you know about its features. The update brings some interesting features to Redmi Note 5/5 Pro. It includes system-wide Dark Mode, many users must have waiting for this feature. Below you will find about the changes and bug fixes about this update. Beta users can also get Android Pie stable update with the method given below.
Redmi Note 5 (Pro) Android Pie Update – Changelogs
- New: Face Unlock Support
- Fix: Timer button started flashing after being tapped
- Fix: Clock force closed on some specific dates
- Optimization: The App section of the Settings got a structural revamp
- Fix: Icons weren’t displayed correctly after adjusting fonts
Game Speed Booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
These are the changelogs of the Android Pie update for Redmi Note 5 & 5 Pro. Along with these, you will also see additional features like dark mode. So if you want to update your Redmi Note 5 or Note 5 Pro to Android Pie then download the stable ROM and follow the guide.
Download Redmi Note 5 (Pro) Android Pie Stable Update
If you did not receive the Android Pie update for your device then use the link to download the stable ROM to update manually. The version of this ROM is MIUI 10.3.1.0.OEIMIXM which is MIUI 10. The size of the Android Pie stable ROM is 1.7GB. Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5 is available whereas the Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro is available for Indian variant.
- Download Redmi Note 5 Android Pie Stable Update (Global Stable ROM)
- Download Redmi Note 5 Pro Android Pie Stable Update (Stable ROM)
Download the Android Pie Stable ROM for your phone and then follow the below guide to update manually.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of data on your phone
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
Install Redmi Note 5 (Pro) Android Pie Stable Update Manually
- First, download the Android Pie Stable ROM for your phone from the above link.
- Transfer the downloaded stable ROM on your Phone.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone > System Update.
- Click on MIUI 10 icon about 10 times, it will add extra options for the update.
- Click on three dots at top right corner.
- Go to Choose update package and select the Android Pie stable ROM file.
- It will unpack the file automatically and ask you to Reboot. So click on update and reboot option.
- It will now power off your device and start updating the phone.
- Wait for the procedure and after reboot, the phone will be updated to Android Pie.
Now you can enjoy Android Pie on Redmi Note 5 & Note 5 Pro. Experience all the new Android Pie features including Digital Wellbeing (here is the guide to enable it). The update file is official and already uploaded on MIUI forum.
You May Also Like: How to Enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 5 Pro
If by any reason you are unable to update then you can write your comment below. And if there is an error we will reply with the solution. Also, share the guide with other Redmi Note 5/5 Pro users so they can also experience Android Pie on their phone.