Both the Redmi 6 & 6A, was announced in the mid of 2018 and ran on MIUI 9.0 based on Android Oreo 8.0. This May, Xiaomi starts testing the Android Pie in the alpha testing phase. Now the company has started rolling out the MIUI 9.7.4 based Android Pie 9.0 beta update for both the phones. The newer update comes with some really cool features and the latest security patch. Here’s the step by step manual guide to download & install Redmi 6 & 6A Android Pie update (MIUI 9.7.4 beta).
Luckily, we found the firmware, by which you can update your Redmi 6 or Redmi 6a to Android Pie 9.0. The Redmi 6 Pro comes with an ability to enable system-wide dark mode, and luckily, you’ll see this feature on the Redmi 6 & 6a as well. This is not an OTA based update, while you can download the firmware and manually update your smartphone. The update brings the latest May 2019 security patch and a lot of improvements made by the Xiaomi.
The update comes with features like Navigation Gestures, redesigned Mi Cloud homepage, and some other improvements. While you can also install the Digital Wellbeing, which allows you to manage your activities. This update is not the global beta, this is a China-based beta update, which doesn’t come with GApps. You need to install the Google Apps if you want to try the beta. The firmware of Android Pie for Redmi 6 is size around 1.57GB and 1.6GB for Redmi 6a. Sadly, we didn’t get hands-on with the changelog. From the below section, you can download the firmware and then follow the instructions to install the update on your smartphone.
Download Redmi 6 & Redmi 6a Android Pie Update [MIUI 9.7.4 Beta]
This is not over the air (OTA) based update, which simply means you need to download the firmware manually and then update your phone. We attach both fastboot ROM and recovery ROM link for both the Redmi 6 & 6a. From the below-listed links, you can download the firmware and then follow the installation instructions:
- Download Redmi 6 Android Pie Beta Update Firmware (Fastboot ROM)
- Download Redmi 6 Android Pie Beta Update Firmware (Recovery ROM)
- Download Redmi 6a Android Pie Beta Update Firmware (Fastboot ROM)
- Download Redmi 6a Android Pie Beta Update Firmware (Recovery ROM)
Note: This is not the Global Beta update, this is a China beta ROM, which doesn’t come with Google Apps. You need to install GApps if you update your phone with this firmware.
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also update using Fastboot ROM with Mi Flash Tool.
How to Install Xiaomi Redmi 6 & 6a Android Pie Beta Update
- Download the firmware file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your smartphone, in the internal or external storage.
- Now open your smartphone settings > about phone > system updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file.
- That’s it.
You can use the Mi Flash Tool if you’re updating via fastboot ROM. And after restarting the phone you can start using your phone on Android Pie 9.0.
You May Also Like – Download Mi 9T Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for Xiaomi Redmi 6 or Redmi 6a. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: