Realme has started rolling out the ColorOS 6 Beta Android Pie 9.0 update for Realme 2 Pro. The company launched the phone last year, running on the Color OS 5.2 based on Android Oreo 8.1. As the company has already promised about the Pie Update release, now they started testing the Pie beta on the phone. Not only this, the update brings May 2019 security patch. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & update Realme 2 Pro Android Pie.
Update (01/06/2019) – Download Realme 2 Pro Android Pie Update [Stable]
If you want to taste the Pie on your Realme 2 Pro, then you need to register the beta testing program. Once done, you’ll receive the update via OTA (over-the-air). While, the firmware is also available, which help you to manually update your Realme 2 Pro to Android Pie 9.0. This is a first beta testing update, you may face some bugs in it. However once the company finalized the testing, the stable version will be released for the smartphone.
The closed beta ColorOS 6 based Android 9 Pie firmware is now available for download. You can access all other features like Android Pie 9.0 features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, new Google Camera and more. The firmware for the update is size around 2.69 GB, and build number for the firmware is RMX1801EX_11_A.19. Let’s take a look on the Changelog for the update, then download the firmware and follow the installation process.
Realme 2 Pro Android Pie Beta Update – Changelog
- Added notification icons in the status bar
- Added lock screen magazine
- Added a new navigation gesture
- Added app drawer to ColorOS launcher
- Added Riding Mode
- Added Live Wallpaper
- Android Security Patch Level: May 5th, 2019
- Updated UI of the notification panel
- Updated UI of AI Board
- Updated default theme
- Added Nightscape Mode
- Added Chroma Boost Mode
- Added HAL3 support (need to switch on in the developer options)
- Added realme Theme Store
- Added realme App Market (certain regions)
- Added realme Game Center (certain regions)
- Added realme Community App (certain regions)
Download Realme 2 Pro Android Pie Beta Update
This is a beta update so you won’t receive the update if you’ve not registered for the beta testing program. So, if you’ve missed the beta registration, you can download the firmware from the below section and manually flash it on your Realme 2 Pro. The update also brings the latest security patch. Also, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download Realme 2 Pro Android Pie Beta Update Firmware (Google Drive link | Androidfilehost link) – for flashing via Custom Recovery
- Download Realme 2 Pro Android Pie Beta Zip (Google Drive Link | Mega Link) – for manual flashing
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Using custom recovery is recommended
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%
- Take a full backup of data on your phone (Method will delete all data)
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
Install Realme 2 Pro Android Pie update via Custom Recovery
- This method will remove all data so make sure to take a backup of your phone.
- Transfer the downloaded Android Pie zip file to SD card and attach the SD card to the phone.
- Boot the phone into any Custom Recovery (TWRP or R2X2 recommended).
- Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System, and Vendor and wipe.
- Go to Install and locate the update file (CoS6beta_by_R2X2.zip) and flash it.
- After flashing the Android Pie update on Realme 2 Pro click on Reboot System.
- Wait for the Reboot. Setup your device and enjoy.
How to Install Realme 2 Pro Android Pie Beta Update
*This method might not work
- At first download the firmware from the download section.
- Once downloaded, Transfer the downloaded firmware to the phone’s root folder (outside of every folder).
- Now, turn off your smartphone.
- Press Power + Volume down keys to boot into recovery mode.
- Select a language to proceed further.
- In recovery, go to Install from Storage Device > From Phone Storage. Locate and select the zip file (RMX1801EX_11_OTA_0190_all_irJrdCviNCNy_6f384.ozip).
- It will start installing Android Pie on Realme 2 Pro so wait for 100% completion.
- After completion select Reboot.
- Now you have successfully installed Android Pie 9.0 Beta on Realme 2 Pro.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the ColorOS 6 beta on your Realme 2 Pro. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Enable Camera2 API on Realme 2 Pro
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for Realme 2 Pro. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: