From the past few weeks, Realme is working in providing the updates to their smartphones. Now the company has just released the ColorOS 6 stable update based on Android Pie 9.0 for the Realme 2, which was in testing phase from the last 2-3 weeks. Realme 2 was launched in the previous year (2018), running on the ColorOS 5.2 based on Android Oreo 8.1. This update brings the latest June 2019 security patch along with a bunch of new cool features. And here’s the step by step manual guide to update Realme 2 Android Pie [ColorOS 6 Stable].
If you’re the Realme 2 user, then here’s good news for you. After testing the Closed Beta update, now Realme has started rolling out the Android Pie 9.0 stable update for Realme 2. Once, you’ve received the OTA notification you can update your phone to taste the Pie. As we know, the company has done with the testing, so there are fewer chances to face bugs. Sadly, the firmware is not available to download by which you can update your phone manually.
The update brings a lot of new features like Riding Mode, App drawer, Realme Theme Store, and a few more. You can also enable digital wellbeing manually on the Android Pie 9.0. The firmware for the update is size around 2GB with a build number RMX1805EX_11_A.54. If you’ve received the over the air (OTA) notification, update your Realme 2 to Android Pie 9.0. Let’s take a look on the Changelog for the update, then download the firmware and follow the installation process.
Realme 2 Android Pie Stable Update – Changelog
- Updated to ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie
- Added notification icons in the status bar
- Added a new navigation gesture
- Added app drawer to ColorOS launcher
- Added Riding Mode
- Android Security Patch Level: June 5th, 2019
- Updated UI of the notification panel
- Updated UI of AI Board
- Updated default theme
- Added Realme Theme Store
Note: Before updating to the Pie, Make sure that your device is running on the latest Android Oreo.
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%
- Take a full backup of data on your phone (Method will delete all data)
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
The firmware is not available to download, and the update is rolling out in batches. It will reach on your device soon. We’ll update the article once the firmware (RMX1805EX_11_A.54) is available to download.
How to Update Realme 2 to Android Pie (ColorOS 6 Stable)
- If you’ve received the OTA notification.
- Go to the System Settings > Software Updates.
- Click on the Download Now button to download the latest update.
- Once the process completed, restart your smartphone.
- That’s it.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the ColorOS 6 stable on your Realme 2. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Realme X Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for Realme 2. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: