Xiaomi has recently announced the Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta update for everyone in the form of MIUI 9.5.16. A few days back Xiaomi has released the Android Pie Beta update for China as MIUI 9.5.9. But now it is available to everyone and it is official. Company has pushed Android Pie Beta update for many devices in this quarter of the year. And it’s time for the Mi Mix 2 which was among the best flagship phones of 2017. Here’s the step by step guide to download & install Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta (MIUI 9.5.16).
If you want to experience Android Pie OS on your phone then you can download the Android Pie Beta developer ROM and update the phone manually. This is where Xiaomi has an advantage as it provides both Stable ROM and Developer ROM officially on the thread. So it means you don’t need to wait for the OTA update to arrive on your phone. You can manually update your phone easily.
The Android Pie Beta Update for Mi Mix 2 is now available to download. And very soon the stable Android Pie will be rolled out to Mi Mix 2 phones. The update comes with lots of Android Pie goodies and features such as game booster mode, restrict notifications while playing games and more reliable features. The version of the latest beta update is MIUI 9.5.16. Check out the changes you will see in Android Pie Beta update for Mi Mix 2.
Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta Update – Changelogs
- Fixed: Screen lock prompt wasn’t displayed correctly in landscape orientation
- Fixed: Battery icons were displayed incorrectly
- Optimized: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on.
- You can restrict opening Notification shade while playing games.
Download Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta Update
The official Android Pie Beta update is listed on MIUI official site as MIUI 9.5.16. The size of the Developer ROM is around 1.7 GB. If you are using a Beta version of MIUI then you will receive the Update via OTA. But if you are in Stable MIUI then you will not receive the update. However both Beta and Stable users can follow the manual guide to install the update instantly. But first, download the Android Pie Beta update file for Mi Mix 2.
After downloading the full Developer ROM follow the below guide to install it on your phone without unlocking the bootloader.
How to Install Mi Mix 2 Android Pie Beta MIUI 9.5.16
- Charge the device to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone data
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
Steps to Install Android Pie Beta on Mi Mix 2
- Download the Developer ROM (MIUI 9.5.16) from the above link.
- Transfer the ROM to the Phone storage (inside downloaded_rom folder). If there is no downloaded_rom folder then create one.
- Open Settings on your Phone.
- Then go to About Phone > System updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and select “Choose update package”.
- Locate the downloaded Developer ROM and select it.
- It will update your phone and reboot automatically into the system.
- Now the Android Pie Beta is successfully installed on Mi Mix 2.
Now you will get to experience Android Pie features. You can also use Digital Wellbeing on your phone to track all the activities of your device. Enjoy Android Pie on Mi Mix 2.
You May Also Like | How to Check Camera2 API Status on Any Android Phone
During the process, if any error or problem pop up then let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution. Thanks.