From the past few months, LG is doing well in providing the major Android Updates to its devices. Now the company has started rolling out the Android Pie 9.0 beta update for LG V30 & V30 Plus. The LG V30 was launched in 2017 running on the LG UX 6 based on Android Pie 9.0. The new OS is still in the beta testing phase, we may see the stable update once tested by the company. And the update brings a lot of cool new features and latest security patch. Here you can download & install LG V30 Plus Android Pie beta update.
After releasing the update for the LG G7 ThinQ, the update arrives on the LG V30 Plus. The update for LG V30 Plus (H930DS) is currently weeding in Hong Kong, and it should hit your device shortly. It also brings a lot of new useful features like the new swipe gestures, screenshot editing, adaptive brightness, adaptive battery mode and some other. You can also enable digital wellbeing on your LG V30. Thanks to jericho246 (XDA Member), who have shared the firmware, by which you can manually update your LG V30 Plus to Android Pie 9.0.
LG V30 Plus latest software update arrives via over the air (OTA), you may need to wait for a short period. You can also use the update on other LG V30 variants, such as H930DS (Hong Kong), H930 (Europe), H933 (Canada), H931 (AT&T), H932 (T-Mobile), VS996 (Verizon), US998 (US Cellular), and LS998U (Sprint). The firmware is size around 2GB, with a build number H930DS.V29g.HKG. Sadly, we didn’t found the changelog to the latest Android Pie Update. So, Download the firmware and follow the installation instructions.
Download LG V30 Plus Android Pie Beta Update
This is an OTA based update, it may take time to reach every device. While you can download this firmware and using LGUP tool to taste the Android Pie 9.0 on your LG V30+. The update file or KDZ file is of around 2GB which you can download from the Google Drive link given below.
- Download LG V30 Plus Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Download LG V30 Plus Android Oreo KDZ (Old Firmware)
Note: Make sure that your device is running on Android Oreo. Also, you can not downgrade to the Oreo unless you have the stock firmware.
- Download LGUP Tool [Latest Version]
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data (if you want to update with the option to delete data)
- Install LG USB Drivers on your PC
- Download LG UP common.dll (use the LG UP tool link)
How to Install LG V30 Plus Android Pie Update
- Extract the downloaded LG UP zip file on PC.
- In the extracted folder, you will see two files. First, install the LG_UP_DLL and then install LG_UP_Installer.
- Extract the LG_UP_Common zip file. Open the extracted folder and copy common folder to the location (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model).
- Connect USB cable on the PC side. Turn off your phone completely then Press Volume Up button and connect the USB from phone side. When you see the download mode release the button.
- Open LG UP tool and it will detect your device.
- In LG UP tool make sure BIN File (H930DS-V22j-HKG-to-H930DS-V29g-HKG.up) is marked.
- Choose Upgrade option and now you can locate and select the LG V30 Android Pie KDZ file in BIN file.
- You can also choose the Refurbish option if you want a fresh install (it will delete all user data).
- After selecting the file and install mode, now click on Start.
- Wait for the installation process until its completion.
- That’s it.
Once done, you can start using your LG V30 Plus on the Android Pie 9.0 beta update.
You May Also Like – Download LG W10 & W30 Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the update. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles:
- Download LG Flash Tool [Latest]
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for LG G6, V20, V30, & V35 ThinQ
- How to Enable Dark Mode on any Android