Huawei’s spin-off brand Honor just released the EMUI 9.1 based Android Pie 9.0 stable update for a bunch of new phones. This time the list has some new phones, the Honor 8 Pro, Honor 8X and Honor Note 10 gets the EMUI 9.1 update. Honor 8 Pro made its debut in 2017, with the Android Nougat 7.0, now get’s the new update along with the latest security patch and a bunch of new features. Here’s the step by step manual guide to download & install EMUI 9.1 update on Honor 8 Pro.
After releasing the update for Honor View 10 & Honor 10, the company has started rolling out it for the Note 10 & few other phones. This is a stable EMUI 9.1, you’ll receive it via OTA (over the air), while you can also download the firmware and manually update your smartphone to the latest version. It brings the latest July 2019 security patch. The EMUI 9.1 is faster than its predecessor EMUI 9.0, as it brings features like GPU Turbo 3.0, EROFS Technology, 20% faster app launching speed, Video Ringtones, new swipe gestures, Huawei Vlog, and a lot of improvements. The OTA (over the air) update is currently weeding in Thailand, while you can also manually update your smartphone.
The Android Pie 9.0 based EMUI 9.1.0 stable update is now available and brings some really cool new features. The update weighs 3.8GB in size and carries 220.127.116.11(C675E7R1P6T8) version number for the model DUK-L09 or Duke-L09. The update brings the latest security patch alongside the new features. You can follow the below manual method to update the phone to the latest EMUI 9.1. Now, Let’s take a look at the Changelog for the update, and then follow the installation process.
Honor 8 Pro EMUI 9.1 – Changelog
EMUI 9.1 is designed to further streamline and enhance the quality of your user experience. This system version allows you to swipe up on a video in Gallery to generate an MV and customize videos for incoming calls from your contacts. GPU Turbo 3.0 revamps graphics processing ability for an improved gaming experience. This update also improves the user experience with simplified settings and better device interactions.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Improves system performance and fixes an issues of slow responsiveness in certain scenarios.
Incoming call video
- Customises incoming call videos for your contacts.
GPU Turbo 3.0
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation
- Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security.
Download EMUI 9.1 Firmware for Honor 8 Pro
Almost all the EMUI 9.1 update OTAs are weeding in Asian regions, which means it will take some time to every smartphone. And If you’re in hurry, you can download the firmware from below download link. And get ready to taste the new EMUI 9.1.0 stable update based on Android Pie 9.0. You can download the firmware here.
- Download EMUI 9.1.0 Firmware for Honor 8 Pro[Link Here]
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%
- The Update will not wipe your data, but it is safe to take a full backup of data on your phone
- A microSD card.
- Make sure that your bootloader is locked, and your smartphone is not rooted.
- Before updating your phone, Enable the USB Debugging settings.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
How to Install EMUI 9.1 on Honor 8 Pro [using Dload Method]
- At first, download the stock firmware for your Honor 8 Pro from the above-listed links.
- Once done, extract the file on your PC and find the update.APP file.
- Create a new folder on your PC and rename it with a new name called “dload“.
- Now copy the update.APP file in the dload folder.
- Then, connect your Honor 8 Pro to your PC.
- Copy the dload folder in the SD card, make sure it is placed out of all folders aka root folder.
- Now disconnect your phone and power it off.
- All done, Press the Power button and Volume Up key simultaneously till the Honor logo appears.
- It will start installing the EMUI 9.1.0 stock firmware on your Honor smartphone.
- Once done, It will show the message, your smartphone is updated and restart your smartphone.
- After the update, the first boot may take a long time than the usual boot time.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Honor 8 Pro on the latest EMUI 9.1.
You May Also Like – Download Honor 9X Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the update. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: