Honor 7X is a budget Android smartphone which is now receiving Android Pie beta update to the registered users. Despite being in a loss company kept the promise to provide an Android update for budget phones. As this is a beta update and its availability is limited, you need manually install the update. Here you can Download & Install Honor 7X Android Pie Beta update based on EMUI 9.1 manually with the Download Link.
The Honor 7X was launched with Android 7.1 Nougat and the device has already received an update once as Android 8.0 Oreo. And finally, it’s official that the Honor 7X will get Android Pie stable update very soon. The beta testing has already started which you can register or you can directly install using this guide. It helps the company to keep the customers on their side and not to choose other smartphones (because of the bond break between Android & Huawei).
Now if we talk about the update features then there is no particular changelog provided by the Company except that it brings the latest Android Pie. We can expect most of the Android Pie features and all the EMUI 9.1 features in this update. So if you want to taste the latest Android Pie on your Honor 7X then you can follow this guide to install Android Pie Beta. We have methods for both users with root access and users without root access. It means below you will see two different methods and follow the one which is easy for you. Let’s start with the features that you can expect in the update.
Honor 7X Android Pie Beta Features
All the basic features of Android Pie will be seen with this update such as Adaptive brightness, and support for Digital Wellbeing (enable using this guide). And top of all this you will also get EMUI 9.1 features like Wireless projection, Huawei share, Huawei phone clone, One hand mode, new gestures and more.
So if you want to get all these features right now on your phone then you can install Android Pie update on Honor 7X. The company has not revealed the exact date for the stable release (it will be coming after mid-July). But for now, you can use the Beta update which is good and hasn’t seen any major bugs which can create problems. So you are good to go.
Download Honor 7X Android Pie Beta Update [EMUI 9.1]
Download the Android Pie Beta update for Honor 7X from below links if your device is rooted.
- Update.zip: Download Link (2.19GB)
- Update_all_hw.zip: Download Link (950MB)
How to Install Honor 7X Android Pie Beta Update [Root]
- Make sure your device has the root access. If not then use this link to Root using TWRP & Magisk.
- Download both update.zip and update_all_hw.zip file from the links.
- Also Download Beta Flashy Tool on your PC.
- Extract the Tool zip file.
- Copy both update.zip and update_all_hw.zip file to the Zips Here folder in Beta flashy tool folder.
- Connect your Phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Now run the Flash.bat application and follow the instructions given in the command window.
- The phone will take time to update so wait for the process.
- It may show an error after the update but ignore it. The phone will boot into Android Pie based EMUI 9.1.
If you have the Honor 7X with Root access then installing Android Pie is very easy. But without root access, you may find the guide long and complex. So to install the Android Pie update successfully without any error follow the exact same steps given below.
How to Install Honor 7X Android Pie Beta Update [Without Root]
- Go to Huawei Beta Program page and download the Friendly User Test app.
- Install the app on your Honor 7X.
- Open the Friendly User Test app and login with the Huawei ID (Same ID which you are using on the phone).
- Now click on ‘Join Project’ in the Personal category.
- In Join project you need to select the Available project section.
- Select and join to the latest available Beta program. If there is a right tick it means you are good to go.
- Now to update you need to open Settings.
- Then go to System > System update. Search for update and it will show the Android Pie based EMUI 9.1 beta update.
- Download & Install the update and enjoy Android Pie on Honor 7X.
This is how you can update your Honor 7X to Android Pie based on EMUI 9.1 to taste the latest Android update. You can also install this update using Firmware finder (Follow this guide). As soon as the stable update will go live we will post the guide to update that as well. So keep visiting our site and get all the news about Android updates.