Asus has started rolling out the AOSP based Android Pie 9.0 update for Asus ZenFone 4 Max. The phone which was launched in the year 2017, running on the ZenUI 4 based on Android 7.0 Nougat, and later on It will get the ZenUI 5 based on Android Oreo in 2018. And now the company starts testing for the AOSP based Android Pie on the ZenFone 4 Max. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & update Asus ZenFone 4 Max Android Pie.
Thankfully the update is available to download. So, if you missed the beta registration, you can manually update your Asus ZenFone 4 Max (ZC554KL). As it is a beta update, it may have some bugs. It also has the latest May 2019 security patch. While once the company finalizes the beta testing, they will release the stable update. The update will improve your performance and enhances the overall user experience.
You can access the features like Android Pie 9.0 features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, new Google Camera and more. The build number for the beta firmware is WW-16.0200.1903.25, and it is size around 1.28GB. Let’s download the firmware and then take a look at the installation process.
Download Asus ZenFone 4 Max Android Pie Beta Update
This is a beta update so not every user receive the update till he registered for the beta testing program. So, you can download the OTA (over-the-air) from below link and then manually flash your ZenFone 4 Max. The update also brings the latest security patch. Also, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download Asus ZenFone 4 Max Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data. (Method will delete all data)
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- The firmware only works on the ZenFone 4 Max, don’t try it on any other phone.
How to Install Asus ZenFone 4 Max Android Pie Update
- At first, Download the firmware file from the above download link.
- Now Rename the file to “WW-16.0200.1903.25”
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB.
- Now copy the file and paste it in your phone’s internal storage, make sure to paste the file outside the folders.
- Then, disconnect your phone from the PC and reboot it.
- After reboot, you’ll see the notification like System Update File Detected.
- Just tap on it and install the Android Pie update on your Asus ZenFone 4 Max.
- Make sure to agree with the conditions before the update.
- It’ll reboot into the recovery mode and start updating it to the Pie.
Once done, you can start using your ZenFone 4 Max on the AOSP based Android Pie 9.0. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Digital Wellbeing for Android Pie
If you have any query, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Realme X Wallpapers
- Download TWRP for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Best Nova Launcher Setups & Themes