If you’ve Moto G4/G4 Plus and you’re waiting for the Android Oreo update, then here’s something for you. The Android Oreo 8.1 is available to your smartphone. Yes, Motorola is soak-testing for the update, and you can update your device via OTA update. The beta build has leaked, so here we come with Guide on How to Install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto G4 & G4 Plus.
We know, Motorola is well known for providing the time-to-time updates for their phones, and users love this fact. So, you may probably taste the new updates of Android, if you are using a Moto phone. Last year, Motorola announced that we are not giving Android Oreo 8.0. But, The Android Oreo 8.1 will be available to Moto G5/G5S/G5 Plus/G5S Plus, Moto Z/Z Play/Z2 Play, and Moto X4 very soon.
But now, the information leaks about Moto G4/G4 Plus on the Android Oreo update. Well, this is one of the best sellers of 2016 by Lenono’s Moto. So, Let’s take a look on Moto G4/G4 Plus Android Oreo 8.1 Soak Test.
Moto G4/G4 Plus Android Oreo 8.1 Soak Test
The update first leaks on XDA, by the senior contributor rajatgupta1998. Thanks to Rajat for sharing the information with us, they also share some screenshots on how Android 8.1 oreo update looks on Moto G4/G4 Plus. This OTA software build number is OPJ28.128, & this update packs with November 2018’s security patch. Once you install this update, you won’t able to downgrade your phone to Android Nougat. Here’s the preview.
Bugs: 1. Some lags found in the camera app, when it opens first. 2. Play store shows that the device is uncertified. 3. Lag found when, switching to front camera from rear .
How to Install Android Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus
At first, you need to download the OTA package for your Moto G4/G4 Plus, from the link given below. Also, Download the TWRP Backup recovery. As I said earlier, all the files are published on XDA, so all thanks to the editor rajatgupta1998.
Download Android Oreo for Moto G4/G4 Plus
Download OTA: block_delta-Blur_Version.25.236.3-28.1.43.athene.retail.en.US.zip
TWRP Backup: twrp-backup-block_delta-Blur_Version.25.236.3-28.1.43.athene.retail.en.US.zip
- Make sure to charge your phone more than 50% of battery.
- Your phone must run on Android Nougat with NPJS25.93-14-18 build number.
- TWRP Recovery may need with bootloader for the 2nd method.
Install Android Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus
#1 Method: Sideload OTA via Stock ROM
- At first, you need to Download OTA update from the given link.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Now, transfer the OTA update file on your phone’s internal storage.
- After transferring the file, power of your device.
- Boot your phone into bootloader mode, by pressing Volume Down & Power button simultaneously.
- Head over to Recovery mode, using Volume Down key & press Power button for processing.
- Under Recovery mode, select “Apply Update from SD Card”
- Here, Select the downloaded file available in the internal storage.
- Select the file named: block_delta-Blur_Version.25.236.3-28.1.43.athene.retail.en.US.zip.
- Now, Press the power button for the confirmation.
- That’s it, it’ll install the Android Oreo 8.1 on your Moto G4/G4 Plus.
#2 Method: TWRP Backup Method
Extract the TWRP Backup on the PC. And Copy the folder on your phone’s internal storage, make sure to store the file in internal storage/TWRP/BACKUPS. Now follow this process.
- Download Android Oreo 8.1 TWRP Backup ZIP package.
- Boot your device intoTWRP Bootloader mode.
- In TWRP, Tap on “Wipe option” > “Format Data”.
- Swipe for the confirmation and enter “Yes”, then tap on the button.
- Now, Click on Restore here you’ll see the backup.
- Tap on backup, select the folder and select both system & boot, now swipe for the confirmation.
- Wait for the installation.
- Once done, you can taste Android Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus.
Once your phone is updated to Android Oreo, the first boot may take some time to start up. As every phone takes the time. After the wait, you can get dive into the Android 8.1 Oreo.
See Also | Download Android Pie ROM for your Phone
If you’d face any other issues, while using this ROM then you can ask them on XDA forum. But if you’ve face any issue, during the installation process, drop a comment in the comment section.
Also, share this post with your Moto G4/G4 Plus friends, across all your social media handles.