Using an iPhone? But unfortunately the screen has broken or if it is not responding then, even you can use the iPhone to backup the data. But we need to unlock the phone to access the settings, by entering the passcode. If you’re facing a similar problem and worried about to backup the data. Then, Here’s the step by step guide on how to unlock iPhone with unresponsive screen.
Lock screen removal is a headache on iPhone, and if your iPhone’s touchscreen doesn’t respond or broken. Then, You may need to backup all the important data if you haven’t yet. After doing some research and testing, here we came up with 2 working solutions. Both the methods are easy, which helps you to unlock the lock screen while your iPhone touch screen is not working or broken. So, Let’s dive into the process to fix unresponsive iPhone.
Method 1 – How to Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen (using Keyboard)
There are many reasons for the unresponsiveness of iPhone. For example, if you have recently replaced your phone’s battery then, it may this problem pops up. Here are the steps.
You need an external keyboard, you may find some cheap keyboards here.
- Purchase an external keyboard.
- Connect the keyboard with your phone, via OTG.
- After connecting to the device, press power button.
- Now, You can enter the passcode or password directly from the keyboard.
- After opening the lock, Go to Settings & backup the data.
- Now, connect your iPhone with iTunes.
- Select your device.
- Click on Restore iPhone, which restores your iPhone.
- Then, you can start using the phone.
#ProTip: Make sure to take backup of your data, when your device has started. Head Over to the Settings> iCloud > Backup > Backup Now.
Method 2 – How to Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen (using iTunes)
If your data is already backup, then you can restore your iPhone and start using it again. Here’s the process.
- Download & Open iTunes.
- Go to recovery mode, by press & hold the home button and power button simultaneously.
- Connect your iPhone with your PC.
- Open iTunes and then click on Restore iPhone.
- Now, You will see an option on your system to “update or restore” the iPhone.
- Choose to restore option if you want to get back the old stable version back on your phone.
- If the update arrives, you can choose the update option, which will reinstall iOS & check whether an update is available or not.
- That’s it.
As I said earlier, if you have recently update your iPhone, then most probably the last update comes with this issue, so according to me, go for the restore option. If you think this problem pops up due to a bug in the software, then you may update your phone.
See Also | How to Fix iPhone X Stuck on FaceTime
Both the methods are working fine, you can try simultaneously. If you face any error, drop a comment in comment box.