As someone who loves to watch drama and tv series from Korea, China, Thailand, Japan, and Taiwan, you would know that Viki TV is the perfect place for all of such content. Provided that you have a subscription to Rakuten Viki, you’ll be able to watch all of the shows and movies easily. Now, we know that there are dedicated Viki apps that you can install on your Android-powered TV, Apple TV, Roku, and also on your Amazon FireStick. But, what do you do if you have a basic or a smart TV that is no longer supported by the app?
In this case, the most ideal solution is to be using the Google Chromecast plug-in device or cast the app to your TV via Chromecast. So, whether you have a Google Chromecast plug-in device or not, you can read through this guide to know how you can watch Viki on Chromecast.
There are four different ways you can follow to watch Viki on Chromecast. Now, you can choose the method that works best for you. depending on what devices you have or don’t have. Let’s get started.
How to watch Viki on Google Chromecast Device or Android TV
The Google Chromecast is a great plug-in device that you can use to connect to almost any TV that has an HDMI port – including a basic one. So, if you have a TV that is outdated or a basic one, Google Chromecast is your perfect go-to solution. So, if you have a Google Chromecast device, follow these steps to watch Viki.
- First, plug the Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV and ensure that your TV as well as the Chromecast is connected to a power source.
- Now, connect your Chromecast device to the wifi network.
- Grab the remote that comes with your Chromecast and press the Assistant button on it.
- Simply say Viki app. The Chromecast will launch the PlayStore and show you the Viki app store page.
- Choose the install button to install it on your Google Chromecast device.
- And this is how you can watch Viki on Google Chromecast.
If you do not own a Google Chromecast device, you might as well try the methods mentioned below as they will be the perfect way to watch Viki on your TV.
How to Watch Viki on Apple TV
Apple TV has a wide range of channels and streaming services support and luckily, the collection includes Viki Rakuten app as well. Yes, you can officially download the Viki app on your Apple TV, here’s how you can do it on your Apple TV.
- First things first, boot your Apple TV up.
- Now go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for the Viki app in the search bar on the App Store.
- Select the app, then choose Get to install, or if already installed select the Update option.
- That’s it.
How to Install Viki on Roku
One of the best things about Roku device is, there are hundreds of apps available on the platform for streaming. And you’ll be glad to know that Viki Rakuten is also available. You can easily install it on your Roku device, by following these steps.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store aka App Store.
- Type or Enter Viki in the Search bar and press OK.
- Now select add channel option to install Viki on your Roku TV.
- That’s it.
How to Watch Viki on Amazon FireStick
Amazon FireStick users can also stream or watch Viki content, the app is freely available on the Amazon Fire TV app store. Here’s how you can install the app on your Fire TV.
- Turn on your Fire TV, then select the Search icon listed at the top left corner of the home page.
- Now search for Viki Rakuten app in the Amazon App Store.
- Select the Get option to install the app on your TV.
- That’s it.
How to Cast Viki from PC to TV
Now, everyone will be having either a PC or a laptop with wifi capabilities. So, it would be more sensible to use your PC to cast Viki to your big-screen TV. You can follow these steps to know how to cast Viki on your TV.
- First, connect your PC or Laptop and your TV to the same WiFi network.
- Now, on your laptop or PC, head over to the Viki website using the Google Chrome web browser.
- Login or create your account and sign up for a subscription plan if needed.
- Once you have signed in to Viki select the movie or tv show that you want to watch.
- With the particular movie or TV show playing, click on the Cast icon present at the bottom of the video player.
- Your PC will now begin to search wireless displays connected to the same wifi network.
- Once you find your TV, select it. The browser will now cast Viki to your Tv with the help of Chromecast built into the TV.
How to Cast Viki from Android to TV
If you don’t have a PC or a laptop but have an Android device, you can use the device to cast Viki to your TV via Chromecast. Here are the steps.
- Download the Viki app on your Android from the Google Play Store.
- Make sure to connect your Android device to the same WiFi network as that of your TV.
- Now, launch the app and sign in with your Viki account.
- Check that you have a valid subscription plan on Viki.
- On the homepage of the Viki app, you should see the cast icon.
- Tap on the cast icon to search for your TV connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you find your TV, select it. Your Android device will now cast Viki to your TV right away.
How to Cast Viki from iPhone to TV
If you own an iOS device such as an iPad or an iPhone, you can use the device to cast to Chromecast built-in your TV. Follow these steps to cast Viki from your iPhone to your Chromecast TV.
- First and foremost, have your iPhone and your TV connected to the same Wifi network.
- Now, download the Viki app which is free from the App Store.
- Sign into the app with your Viki account.
- At the home screen of the app, tap on the Cast icon.
- Your iPhone will begin to look for wireless displays.
- When you find your Tv, tap on it. The iPhone will now castViki to your Tv.
- This method will work only if your TV has Apple AirPlay or AirPlay 2 built-in. If not, you will have to get a Lightning to HDMI connector and screen mirror your iPhone to the TV.
This is how you can watch Viki on Chromecast using different devices. These methods, as mentioned earlier, are the best when you have a TV that is not supported y the app or if the particular app isn’t available on the Apps store of your TV in your region. This is a method that you can use to stream and watch numerous other apps.
If you have questions or queries regarding how to watch Viki on Chromecast, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.