Living outside the US but still want to continue watching your favorite shows on CBS? For most of it, you can’t, simply because CBS is available only in the US. However, that doesn’t mean the end of the world because there is a way that you can follow to watch and access CBS on your devices without having to be in the US at all. So, if you are someone who is living in Canada and wants to access CBS, here’s how you can watch CBS in Canada.
With CBS, you get access to a number of popular shows such as NCIS, Survivor, Seal Team, South Park, and Halo as well as a good number of news shows. So, if you wish to watch and enjoy all of the content on CBS, there is a simple and easy way to access the streaming service while you are living in Canada.
Table of Contents
How to Watch CBS in Canada
Before we take a look at how you can watch and enjoy shows on CBS there are a few things that you will need to keep in mind.
- Good paid VPN Service
- Gift card
- Android, iOS, or PC
Subscribe to a VPN Service
Because CBS isn’t available directly in Canada, you will need to bypass the geo-restrictions in order to stream CBS. For this purpose, a VPN is a useful tool that helps you access the content of any region from any part of the world. While there are free and paid VPN services, it’s preferable to pick up a paid VPN service.
Paid VPN services keep all your data safe and don’t sell it off to anyone else. Plus, you also get access to a good number of servers alongside good connectivity speeds. While free VPN services sound like a good idea, they may have a limited number of servers or maybe even poor connection speeds. So it’s best to avoid such free VPN services.
Purchase a CBS/Paramount Plus Gift Card
Ideally, you could make use of a virtual credit card to pay for CBS, using the gift card is a much better option since you don’t have to perform a lot of steps to get a gift card. You can purchase a gift card from the MyGiftCardSupply.com website. The gift card value ranges from $25 all the way to $100. You can easily purchase US gift cards for Paramount Plus / CBS while sitting in Canada.
Sign Up for CBS in Canada
Now that you have got yourself a VPN as well as a gift card, it is time to create a Paramount Plus account for yourself. Here are the steps you can follow to create a Paramount Plus account. Since CBS is now under Paramount Plus, you will be able to get access to a number of Paramount Plus channels and shows.
- Open your VPN and connect it to a US server.
- Once connected, open the web browser on your device and head over to the Paramount Plus gift card redemption page by clicking here.
- The code will be present in the email address you have used to purchase the gift card from the Giftcardsupply website.
- Once the code has been entered, you will be asked to either sign in or signup for a Paramount Plus account.
- When you have signed in or created your new account, you can simply be able to watch and stream all your favorite CBS shows right away.
- But, remember to always be connected to the VPN service when you are planning to stream anything from the Paramount Plus website.
- The same goes for the Android and iOS mobile apps. Use a VPN connection to a US server and you can enjoy your shows on your mobile device.
How to Watch CBS on iPhone in Canada
For users of iPhones and iPads, you will have to change the country or region of your device. Only then the app can be downloaded to your device. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on your name.
- Select Media and Purchases followed by View Account.
- Now, enter the passcode when asked.
- Select the Country/Region option and choose United States.
- The iPhone will ask you to accept and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you have agreed, you will have to enter an address that is valid in the United States.
- Once you’ve entered the address, tap on Done.
- In a few minutes, your iPhone will be set to the United States region.
- Finally, open the App Store, search for the CBS app and install it. Also, download a reliable VPN service if you haven’t done that yet.
- Open the VPN app, select the United States server, and then launch the CBS app to stream your movies.
How to Watch CBS in Canada on Android [by sideloading app]
Since the CBS service is not officially available in Canada, you might not find the Android app on your Google Play Store. However, if you make use of a VPN service and set the server to the US region, you should be able to get the CBS app.
Here is how.
- Launch the Google Play Store and download a VPN of your choice. You can use a free or paid one for this purpose.
- Once the VPN has been installed, launch the app and select the server as the US.
- Now, make sure to close the Google Play Store and launch it again with the VPN running.
- The Play Store should now detect that it is in the US and should display apps that are popular and exclusive in the US.
- Search for the CBS app and tap on the green install button.
- Once the CBS app has been downloaded, simply log in and you are good to go.
However, if the above method isn’t working for you, you can always sideload the CBS Android app to your Android device. Follow these steps.
- Launch the web browser on your Android device.
- Now, search for the APK Mirror website. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
- Now, select the latest available app version and download it to your Android device.
- Once the app has been installed, launch the VPN service, connect to the US server and log into CBS right away.
- If you haven’t sideloaded an app before, you will have to first give permission to the browser to install the app. from unknown sources.
How to Watch CBS in Canada on Smart TV
This can sometimes be a big issue, especially if you are having a smart TV that doesn’t run on Android TV OS or Google TV OS. Those who have an Android TV will be able to easily sideload the app to their TV by following the methods mentioned above for Android mobile devices.
In the case of smart TVs such as Samsung, and LG, there’s no way to install a VPN app and neither is there a way to sideload the CBS app. For such TVs, it is recommended that you plug in an Amazon Firestick. You can follow these steps to install CBS on the Amazon Firestick in Canada.
- Before downloading the apps to your Firestick, you will have to change your Amazon account’s region to the US.
- head over to the website and log in with your account credentials.
- Click on the Accounts and List options and select Account and Content.
- Here, you should see the option to change the region to the US Change and save the changes.
- On your Amazon Firestick, head over to Settings and sign out of your Amazon account.
- In a few minutes sign back in and you should now see your account region set to the US.
- open the app store and search for a VPN service. You can use reputable VPN services like SurfShark or ExpressVPN.
- Once you find the VPN, and the CBS app, install them on your Amazon Firestick.
- Before launching the CBS app, make sure to launch the VPN service, select the US server and then launch the CBS app.
- Once the VPN connection has been successful, you can sign into the CBS app with your account details and be able to stream content right away.
How to Watch CBS in Canada on Apple TV / Roku TV
The only way to get the CBS app to these devices is by setting up a VPN configuration to your wifi router. For this, you will need to download the VPN’s configuration files and then make the necessary changes to your wifi router. Once the manual settings have been done you can now easily download the CBS app to your Roku Stick or Apple TV and then begin streaming and watching CBS right away in Canada.
Is it legal to use a VPN to stream CBS and Paramount Plus content in Canada?
Yes, it’s completely legal to stream CBS and Paramount Plus content using a VPN while in Canada or any other region. As long as you have a proper account that is paid for, you have no problems.
Will using a VPN to stream CBS on my Android TV or Smart TV work?
Yes, as long as your device is connected to a US server via a VPN, things will be just fine.
Can I use a free VPN Service to stream CBS?
You can use a free VPN service, but it’s not recommended simply because of speed and server connectivity issues.
So, these are the easiest ways by which you can stream or watch CBS in Canada. If you still want to know anything, then leave a comment in the comment box.
- Paramount Plus Channels, Shows and Plans – The Complete List
- How to Watch Hulu in Canada in 2023 [3 Working Methods]
- 20+ Best Free and Paid Streaming Services available in Canada
- How to get Hulu App on any Hisense Smart TV
- How to Watch Hulu on any Samsung Smart TV
- Hulu TV Channels (Streaming Services) – The Complete List