Streaming services have now become a necessity as compared to the earlier days. Since there are a lot of streaming services to choose from, there’s always a certain number of users who would want to get access and stream content that’s exclusive to other regions. When this happens you will have to get a lot of things done such as adjusting the payment plans and getting a good VPN service.
One of the streaming services that a lot of people living in Canada have been looking forward to is the BBC streaming service. Now, why would people want to get access to the BBC streaming service? Well for starters there’s a good number of shows that many people residing in Canada want to stream and enjoy. So if you are someone looking for ways how to stream BBC content on your TV or mobile device in Canada, this is the guide for you.
Table of Contents
How to Watch BBC in Canada
Before we dig into how you can access BBC content within Canada, you first need to understand that there are two BBC services that you can stream within Canada. The first is BBC Select and the second is BBC iPlayer. Now, let’s take a look at the steps you would need to follow for the type of BBC service you want to stream in Canada.
How To Watch BBC Select in Canada
BBC Select is an exclusive streaming service made complete for the United States and Canada. Now, if you are someone in Canada, you will be able to easily stream BBC Select without having to run around with a VPN or worry about having to use addresses from the United Kingdom. BBC Select will cost you $6.99 per month. If you want to try the service out before making a commitment to it, you can make use of the 7-day free trial. Now, let’s get into how you can stream BBC Select in Canada.
There are two ways that you can watch BBC Select in Canada. You can choose to stream BBC Select on Apple TV or via the Channels on Amazon Prime.
Stream BBC Select in Canada via Apple TV
You can easily watch BBC Select on Apple TV provided you have a paid subscription to Apple TV. If you do have a paid subscription, follow these steps.
- Download the Apple TV app for your iPhone.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Navigate and select the Channel category within the app.
- Now, search for the BBC Select channel. If you have never used the service, grab the free trial that is available on offer.
- Once you complete the trial you will have to pay $6.99 per month.
- And this is how you can easily watch BBC Select in Canada via Apple TV.
Watch BBC Select in Canada via Amazon Prime
If you have a subscription to Amazon Prime Video, you should be able to easily get access to BBC Select in Canada. Here are the steps.
- Download the Amazon Prime Video app for your Android or iOS device.
- Now, sign in with an account that has a valid subscription plan to Amazon Prime Video.
- Tap on the search bar within the Amazon Prime Video app and search for BBC Select.
- Once you find BBC Select, select it and get streaming right away. You can choose the free trial or go ahead and pay the $6.99 for a monthly subscription.
- This is how you can easily watch BBC Select within Canada.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer In Canada
BBC iPlayer is a streaming service that is exclusive only to the United Kingdom. For people living in regions outside the United Kingdom, the service is unavailable. But, that simply isn’t the end of the world. You can in fact access BBC iPlayer by using a VPN However, you need to understand that you will have to make use of a proper paid service VPN. Free VPN services will not work as the BBC iPlayer has most of these free VPNs blocked. So, first, it’s best to get yourself a reliable and trustworthy VPN service.
You can choose any of the below-mentioned VPN services to unlock and stream BBC iPlayer in Canada.
- Nord VPN
- SurfShark VPN
- Private Internet Access
- Proton VPN
If you have never made use of any of these VPNs previously, you will be to take advantage of the various first-time user offers as well as free trials of the service. Always ensure that you make use of a paid VPN service that helps you to unblock almost any website from any part of the world. BBC iPlayer will not work properly with free VPN services as those services have been banned and blocked by the BBC. Now, follow the steps to get access to BBC iPlayer while sitting in Canada.
- On your PC launch the VPN service and select a United Kingdom server.
- Once selected, launch your favorite web browser and head over to the BBC iPlayer website.
- With the website open, click on the button that says Sign in. Choose the Register Now option to create a new account on BBC iPlayer.
- You will now have to choose the age of the person who will be using the account. Accordingly, select the right option.
- You will now be asked to fill in the date of birth. The format here is the day, month, and year.
- Next, you will be asked to enter a valid email address followed by a strong password for your BBC iPlayer account.
- Of course, you need to set the country as the United Kingdom.
- There is also the area where you have to enter a valid UK Postcode and finally your gender.
- Once you have entered all the details and created your account successfully, you should now be able to stream your favorite content and shows right away without any problem whatsoever. But do keep in mind that you will always make use of a VPN service with its server set to the United Kingdom.
Still, have any queries left? Check out the FAQ.
Is it legal to Watch and Access BBC iPlayer in Canada?
Yes, it is legal enough provided that you have entered the valid and correct information and also are not misusing the service for piracy or recording content. Provided you do nothing of that sort, you will be safe to stream BBC iPlayer content inside Canada.
Is using a VPN service Safe to stream BBC iPlayer?
Absolutely! You need to have a good and reliable service that has paid plans. These paid VPN services will be the only ones that work properly without worrying about getting your account blocked or banned for good.
Is a VPN service required at all times while streaming content from BBC iPlayer?
Yes! You need to have your VPN connected to a United Kingdom server at all times. Because without the UK server, you will no longer be able to access the BBC iPlayer website and stream anything.
This concludes the guide on how you can stream and enjoy shows from BBC Select and BBC iPlayer while sitting in Canada.
If you have any questions or queries on how to watch BBC in Canada, feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Also, let us know your favorite shows streaming on BBC Select and BBC iPlayer.