Google Stadia has been around for quite some time. Launched in 2019, you were then able to play games off the cloud with Stadia on your Android and iOS devices as well as on PC via web browser. The only place where it wasn’t supported was the Chromecast with Google TV. Of course, there were other ways to have Stadia running, by sideloading the app, but that was simply not perfect and had too many steps to be followed. Now that the Chromecast supports Stadia, let’s take a look at how to use Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV.
Finally, and thankfully, Google has released the update to Chromecast to support Stadia playback on Google TVs. It surely could be been brought out last year itself, but for whatever reason, Google brought it out this year in June and it’s good that it’s here. Why play on a small screen when your Google TV with Chromecast now lets you play a huge number of games on the big screen? Here is a guide that will show you how to use Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV.
Use Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV
On the 23rd of June 2021, Google released an update for the Chromecast which now enables it to install and run Stadia right away. Now is the time to update your Chromecast and get started with Stadia.
- Power on your TV and make sure your Google Chromecast has been plugged in
- Using the Chromecast remote, navigate to the right where your Google account’s profile picture is.
- Now, press the down button on the remote and select the Settings option.
- Scroll all the way till you reach the System option and then scroll and select the option that says About.
- You can now see the System Update option. Select it.
- It will now check for updates and download the latest available update for your Chromecast.
- The update will now download and install as well as reboot your Chromecast.
And that is how you update your Chromecast which is now ready and compatible to run Stadia. With the Chromecast updated and ready, it is now time to install the Stadia app to your Chromecast.
Install Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV
- On the For You screen with the Chromecast plugged in, navigate over to the menu bar on the tp and select Apps.
- Click on the Search for Apps and now type in Stadia in the search box. If you want you can press the Google Assistant button on the remote and say Stadia.
- It will now search for the Stadia app. Select the app and click on install.
- Alternatively, you can also install the app on your Chromecast by visiting the Play Store from a web browser by selecting the Chromecast from the drop-down list. When the Chromecast connects to the internet, you will find the Stadia app installed already.
- Reboot your system and now launch the Stadia app.
- Sign in with the account that you have Stadia or the Stadia Pro subscription.
- If you have a Stadia controller, you can now pair it with the Chromecast to have it ready to play games right away. You can also pair a PlayStation or even an Xbox controller, as Stadia has support for them.
- Now, simply browse through the list of games that are added to your Stacia account. Do note that you will have to use the Stadia app to added or purchase games to your Stadia account.
- Simply select the game you want and play it right away. You can now play Stacia games on the Chromecast running on a Google TV.
Stadia’s availability on other TVs
With the new update that came out on the 23rd of June, you will now be able to access the Stadia on more TVs. which is a good sign, nut provided you live in the countries where Stadia has been rolled out. Here are the TVs that currently support Stadia.
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Hisense Android Smart TVs (U7G, U8G, U9G)
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Nvidia Shield TV Pro
- Onn FHD Streaming Stick
- Onn UHD Streaming Device
- Phillips 8215, 8505 Android TVs
- Philips OLED 935/805 Android TVs
- Xiaomi Mi Box 3 & Mi Box 4
If you have got the Stadia Pro subscription, you get added benefits such as getting free games every month as well as the ability to play games at 4K 60FPS. And, if you have a big screen TV that has 4K output, then, gaming sessions will be much more immersive and fun overall. So, that’s all about how to use Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV.
You May Also Like – Google Stadia Games: The Complete List 
If you still have any query, then leave a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: