When it comes to using smartphones with your monitor or display, Samsung does it perfectly well with the Samsung Dex. Other brands like Motorola are now following suit to bring similar features to their smartphones as well. In the case of Motorola, they have released their desktop software for Motorola smartphones called Ready For.
With the help of Ready For, users with Motorola smartphones can use their phones like a tablet when connected to a display. Whether it’s work-related tasks or simply gaming around, you can do all of your tasks on your Motorola smartphone on a big screen without having to buy an additional big-screen tablet to do all of those tasks. Ready For even works just fine for placing video calls, movie streaming, and almost anything and anything that you would like to do.
However, the problem with Ready For is that not all Motorola Smartphones can make use of this feature and, this is kind of a shame considering that Motorola has a large number of smartphones in the low to middle-budget range. But worry not as there is now a workaround that you can follow to get Ready For working on your Non compatible Motorola smartphone.
How to Use Motorola Ready For on any Motorola Smartphone
Before we talk about the steps that you will need to perform to get this feature working on your smartphone, let’s take a look at the devices that are already compatible with this feature as well as the types of Ready For connectivity options that Motorola smartphones can use.
Ready For is a program and feature that lets you use your Motorola smartphone on a big screen. You can choose to connect your supported Motorola smartphone to your display either with a USB Type C cable or by using a Miracast connection method. Additionally, you can use this feature with your Windows-powered PC as well.
Motorola Smartphones that officially Support Ready For
Here is a list of the officially supported Motorola smartphones that are compatible with Ready For. Whether they work wired, wirelessly, or directly with a Windows PC, the list of devices has been mentioned below.
- Motorola Edge+ 2023
- Motorola Edge 20
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro
- Motorola Edge 2021
- Motorola Edge 2022
- Motorola Edge 30
- Motorola Edge 30 Fusion
- Motorola Edge 30 Neo
- Motorola Edge 30 Pro
- Motorola Edge 30 Ultra
- Motorola Edge 40
- Motorola Edge 40 Pro
- Motorola Edge+ 2020
- Motorola Edge+ 2022
- Motorola G100
- Motorola G200 5G
- Motorola Razr 2022
- Motorola Razr 40
- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra
- Motorola Razr+ 2023
- ThinkPhone by Motorola
When you look at this list a large number of the Motorola G series models have been omitted from this list. However, if you have the following Motorola smartphones, you can follow this guide to use Ready For PC without the need to root your Motorola smartphone.
Thanks to Twitter user, @Demon9060 for sharing this workaround for Moto G-series phones running on Android 13. I linked the step by step video instructions below.
Download the Ready For App on your Motorola Smartphone
Because these devices do not officially support the Ready For app, you will not see it installed on your smartphone and neither will you be able to search for the app on the Google Play Store. But because Android lets you sideload apps, we will have to first download the Ready For APK file. Follow these steps:
Note: Do note that your Motorola smartphone needs to be running on Android 13 or newer in order for Ready For to work properly.
- On your Motorola smartphone, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, search for the APK Mirror website using Google or, you can simply click on this link to visit the website right away.
- Tap on the latest available version of the Ready For app and download it to your Motorola smartphone.
- Once the APK has been downloaded tap on the Download Complete notification to install the Ready For app.
- Or, you could open up the File Manager app on your Motorola smartphone and navigate to the Downloads folder to install the APK that you just downloaded.
Now that you have the app downloaded, we need to install the Ready For app on your Windows-powered PC.
Download The Ready For Assistant App On Your Windows PC
Since the only working method for these select Motorola smartphones to use Ready For is by using it with your PC, you need to download the Ready For app. Here are the steps to install the Ready For app.
- First off, launch the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
- Now, click on the search bar at the top of the Microsoft Store app.
- Type in Ready For Assistant and search.
- You will see the Ready For Assistant app in the search results. Yes, the app developer will be displayed as Lenovo since Motorola is now owned by Lenovo.
- Click on the Install button to begin downloading the app to your Windows PC.
Now that you have the Ready For app installed on your Motorola smartphone and on your Windows-powered PC, you can follow the final steps to get this feature working.
Setup And Use Ready For On Your Motorola Smartphone
- First, make sure that your Motorola smartphone and your Windows PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the Ready For Assistant app on your Windows PC.
- The app will display a QR Code.
- Now, on your Motorola smartphone, launch the Ready For app from the app launcher.
- You will be asked to give the app a select number of permissions. Make sure to give the app the permissions it asks for.
- Once you reach the main screen of the app, tap on the scanner icon at the top right corner.
- Simply scan the QR code displayed on your Windows PC with your Motorola smartphone.
- You will be asked to approve or adjust a few settings.
- Once you have all of it sorted out, you can now use Ready For on your Windows PC with your Motorola smartphone.
- The smartphone’s screen will be displayed on your PC and you can make use of the apps installed on your smartphone on your PC right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily and quickly make use of the Ready For feature on your non-supported Motorola smartphones.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.