Smart home devices have always been viewed as fancy speakers. It’s got a voice assistant to talk and issue commands to and the ability to connect to the internet and reply to whatever queries you throw at it. And since it has a speaker similar to a phone but a loud one, users can also ask the speaker to play music or play the music manually on the Nest Mini. Here’s how to use Google Nest Mini as Bluetooth Speaker.
Lots of people have purchased the Google Nest mini smart speaker simply because it’s a small compact speaker that sits easily anywhere and above all it’s got Google Assistant and all the good Google integrations that come with it. If you’re one of those people who have the Google Nest Mini lying around somewhere gathering up dust, it’s time to bring it back out and use it as a Bluetooth speaker. How? Well, you’ll have to read through our guide to find out how.
How To Use Google Nest Mini As Bluetooth Speaker
Now, let’s take a look at the things you will need in order o use your Google Nest Mini as a regular Bluetooth speaker.
- Google Nest Mini
- Android or iPhone
- Google Home App
Use Nest Mini As Bluetooth Speaker With Mobile Device
Now, let’s look at the steps that you need to follow to connect your mobile phone to the Google Nest Mini to use the Minin as a Bluetooth speaker.
- Connect your Google Nest Mini to a power source.
- Download the Google Home app on your Android or iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Nest Mini tile.
- Tap on the Settings icon available at the top right corner, followed by Audio.
- On the Audio page, select Paired Bluetooth Devices.
- Finally, tap on the Enable Pairing Mode. LEDs will blink on your Nest Mini.
- On your mobile device open Settings and open the Bluetooth settings.
- Enable Bluetooth and search for the Google Nest Mini.
- Once you find your Google Nest Mini tap on it.
- Now, open the media player which you want to play songs from.
- Alternatively, you can also use voice commands to ask Google Assistant to play a song from any dedicated, music streamings service installed on your mobile device.
This concludes the guide on how to use the Google Nest Mini as a Bluetooth speaker. This helps you repurpose the smart speaker and avoid unnecessary purchases for a dedicated Bluetooth speaker. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.