Smart TVs have simply become the norm for every household. No matter what brand and what size, these TVs have improved the watching at-home experience to great lengths. However, it could be possible that you might still be using a non-smart TV that outputs video in the regular HD format. Now, there are chances that this TV might not have most of the common features such as wifi connectivity, the ability to download and stream apps, etc. Since it might be a perfect TV that works fine for your day-to-day use, you simply might not want to purchase a Smart TV. But, do you know that with a simple single device, you can turn it into a smart TV?
The Google Chromecast is a simple device that can be plugged into your TV’s HDMI port and voilà! You now have access to a ton of Google services, apps, and even Google Stadia for the matter. While connecting your Android device to the Chromecast is simple and easy, the same cannot be spoken about iOS devices. So, today, we will be looking at how you can use Google Chromecast on your iOS device.
How to use Google Chromecast on iOS
- iOS device
- HD TV with HDMI port
- Google Account
- Google Chromecast device
- Wifi network
Steps to use Chromecast on your iOS device
- First things first. Plug your Google Chromecast device into the HDMI input port of your HD TV. You will also want to plug the power cable into the Chromecast and to your power source.
- Now, power up the TV and switch to the input source to twitch the Chromecast device has been connected.
- Now, on your iOS device, you will need to download the Google Home app. It is free and can be downloaded from the App Store.
- Once the app has been downloaded, you need to sign in with your Google account. If you do not have one, then simply create an account. It’s simple, free, and easy to do so.
- With that done, launch the Google Home app. Now, at the top left of the app’s screen tap on Add. It will have a + sign next to it.
- Next, tap on the Setup device option.
- On the next screen, choose the New Devices option to add devices like Chromecast.
- Now enter the details of location where your TV is located, if it is in Home, then you’ll be able to control it while you’re in Home.
- While aloof this going on, ensure that your iOS device’s Bluetooth is turned on alongside the access for Location services.
- The app will now begin to search for Chromecast devices in range. Once you see the Chromecast device, tap on it.
- If the app doesn’t find the device automatically, you can select Chromecast / Google TV on next screen.
- Make sure to match the number that is shown on the app as well as on your TV screen.
- Now that you have found the device, make sure to connect the Chromecast to the same WiFi network as that of your iOS device.
- With all of that done, you now make use of the Google Chromecast on your HDTV right away.
- That’s it.
And this is how you can connect your iOS device to the Google Chromecast device easily. You can simply make use of a lot of services such as Google Assistant, the Google Play Store to download apps as well as be able to play games using Google Stadia. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any doubts or queries.