The Windows update to 22H2 does indeed bring in a lot of changes. And, if you are a Windows Insider, you might already be running on the 22H2 update for Windows 11. There have been a lot of new features that have been discovered with this update. That said, Windows 11 now lets you add stickers to your desktop. Indeed, it is a strange feature, and if you think it’s a great feature, you can read through this guide to know how to enable and make use of stickers on your Windows 11 PC.
Adding stickers to your desktop might not be a feature that everyone wants. However, if you are creative enough, you can turn a blank black or white wallpaper into a custom-designed one by using stickers. Whether it’s a feature that will be used a lot or rarely used doesn’t matter. Let’s look at how to enable and use desktop stickers on a Windows 11 PC.
Before we get into how you can enable and use desktop stickers on Windows 11 PC, there are a few things that you need to have beforehand.
- Windows 11 PC
- Insider Program running build 22621 or newer.
How to Enable Desktop Stickers on Windows 11
Now, you need to understand that the feature is not enabled right away. You will have to make a few edits in the Registry Editor in order to make the feature available on your Windows11 PC. Here are the steps you need to follow to enable stickers on your Windows 11 PC.
- Press the Windows and R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in Regedit and hit the enter key.
- The Registry Editor will now open on your desktop.
- Now, head into the address bar of the Registry Editor and paste this file path
- Right-click on the device folder. Select New and then Key.
- Name the folder as Stickers.
- On the right side of the Registry Editor, right-click and select New followed by DWORD 32-bit value.
- Name it as EnableStickers.
- Now, double-click on the newly created entry. and change the Data value to 1.
- With that done, click on OK and reboot your Windows 11 PC.
- Once your system has been restarted, you will see an Add or edit Stickers option in the context menu when you right-click on the desktop.
How to use Stickers on Windows 11 PC
Now that you have enabled the stickers to feature on your Windows 11 PC, it’s now time to make use of these stickers on your PC. Follow these steps on how to use desktop stickers.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Add or Edit Stickers.
- A sticker window will appear and you will see different stickers.
- There is also a search bar that you can use to search for a particular sticker.
- To use a sticker, simply select it.
- Once the sticker appears on your screen, you can move it around and resize the sticker.
- Once you are done making adjustments to the sticker, you can close the sticker window.
- The sticker will now be present on your desktop. But, you will not be able to change or resize it. To make changes to it, you need to right-click and then choose Add or Edit stickers.
- The sticker will always be present on your screen no matter what wallpaper you use.
- Except that if you set the slideshow as wallpaper, you will not be able to make see the stickers on your desktop.
And this is how you can enable and add stickers to your desktop on a Windows 11 PC running 22H2. So, what do you think about the stickers feature? Is it something that you will be using or do you feel that it is a feature that nobody asked for? Let us know your thoughts about it in the comments below.