Streaming services have become an important part of everyone’s life. Whether you watch live tv, movies, or shows, there is a streaming service that provides you with such content. Things only get much better when you are able to stream these services on your Smart TV. Watching on Smart TVs gives you a better viewing experience. But in order to have a seamless experience with the app on your TV, the app needs to be updated. So, today we will be taking a look at how you can update the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV.
Now, you need to understand that Vizio’s range of Smart TVs does not run Android OS. Rather, they have their own in-house OS called SmartCast OS. Since this OS is not like your regular TV OS, the method to update your apps will be different. Also, the absence of the Google Play Store can make updating apps for a few people a bit difficult. Worry not! Because we will be showing you how you can update your Hulu app on the Vizio Smart TV.
How to update Hulu app on Vizio TV
There are two ways that you can follow to update the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV. You can use the method that you feel is convenient for you. The things that you will need are your Vizio Smart TV connected to the internet and a Vizio TV remote. With both of these things ready, let’s get started.
Method 1 – Update Hulu App via Vizio App Store
- Switch on your Vizio Smart TV and make sure it is connected to your WiFi Network.
- Now, grab the TV remote that came with your Vizio Smart TV.
- On your remote, you should see the V button or the VIA button. Press the button.
- This action will now launch the Vizio App Store on your smart TV.
- Now, search and select the Hulu app.
- If there is an update available, you will see the Update button.
- Select the Update button.
- The new update for your Hulu app will now begin to download and install on to your Vizio Smart TV.
- If you feel like there is an update for the app but it isn’t showing up on the App Store, it would be advisable to uninstall the app and then download the app once again to have the latest version installed on your Vizio Smart TV.
Method 2 – Update Hulu App via System Update
- Power up your Vizio Smart TV and grab the TV remote.
- Now, connect your Vizio Smart TV to the internet.
- Using the remote, navigate over to the Settings menu.
- Now select System from the menu that you just opened.
- Highlight the System and select it. You should see an option that says Check for Updates.
- Now, your Vizio Smart TV will begin to check for updates. Apart from any software updates, it will also look out for installed app updates.
- Once the TV finds the update for the Hulu app, simply let it get downloaded and installed to your Vizio Smart TV.
These are the two ways that you can follow when you want to update the Hulu app or for that matter, any other app on your Vizio Smart TV. This is a simple and easy process that should take you about a minute or less. Once you have the app updated, you will be able to have a better user experience as well as make use of any new features that might have been added to the new version of the app. We hope that this guide has helped you in understanding how to update the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV.