Being able to run the latest and updated version of the software is always important. Sure, you can wait for a few days after the update has been released to see how it performs and everything in between. Now, we recently spoke about this new operating system for devices that are no longer supported by their original operating system.
Chrome OS Flex is the OS that you need to install to bring life back to your already aging devices. In fact, we have a list of devices that will be able to run Chrome OS Flex. Today, we will be taking a look at how to update your Chrome OS Flex device to the latest version.
Because Chrome OS Flex is a lightweight OS, almost any old device should be able to run it smoothly. However, you should note that Chrome OS and Chrome OS Flex are two very different operating systems and you shouldn’t be confused with each other. While the former lets you install and run Android apps, Chrome OS Flex does not allow you to run Android apps. Anyways., here is our guide on how to update Chrome OS Flex to the latest version.
How to Update Chrome OS Flex
For this purpose, we will be using an HP tablet running Chrome OS Flex version 103. The update process is the same across any version of Chrome OS Flex that you might have installed on your PC. Even if you have Chrome OS Flex running on a Virtual Machine, the steps are the same.
- Power up the Chrome OS Flex device and ensure that it is connected to the internet via the Ethernet or WiFi network.
- Now at the bottom of the screen, you will see the shelf. Tap on it to bring the app drawer then Settings.
- Tap on About Chrome OS.
- On the right side, you will see the current version of the OS.
- A Check for Updates button is present on the right. Tap on it.
- The device OS will now check for any updates if available.
- If updates are found it will download them right away.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, you will be asked to restart the device to finish installing the latest update on your Chrome OS Flex device.
And there you have it. Simple and easy ways that you can follow to update the version of Chrome OS Flex on your device. We hope this guide helps you in knowing how to update the OS version of your device. Tell us your experience with the OS and whether you installed it on a device or are using the Virtual machine itself.