Having the latest versions of firmware and apps is always something one should look for. Why? Well, there are a lot of things that come with new updates that help in improving the device performance. Almost all electronic gadgets have some sort of updates to keep their devices running and being used for a longer time. Smart TVs also require updates, especially the apps since these apps bring in new UI and features to make the app lean more towards the present generation. Today, we will be taking a look at how to update apps on Vizio TV.
The thing with Vizio Smart TVs is that they do not run Google’s Android TV OS. They run on their in-house OS called SmartCast OS. So, the idea of having the Google Play Store and even sideloading and updated apps to the TV is just not possible. However, there are a few ways that you can use to update the apps on your Vizio Smart TVs. So, read along to know how you can update apps on Vizio Smart TVs.
How to update Apps on Vizio TV
Before we begin to talk about updating apps on the TV, one must know that there are two kinds of Vizio TVs. There are VIA Vizio TVs that are the older ones and the SmartCast versions which are the newer modern Smart TVs. Whatever type of Vizio Smart TV you might be having, the method to update the apps on them have been mentioned below.
Update Apps on Vizio Smart TV via the Store
- First things first, power on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Now, you will want to have your Vizio TV connected to a WiFi Network.
- Take your TV remote and press the V button or the VIA button.
- Pressing the button will take you to the Vizio App Store.
- Now, you select the app that you wish to update. With the desired app selected, press the yellow button on your TV remote.
- You will see a few options such as Update and Delete.
- If you find the Update option, select it. The app store will now begin to download the update for the particular app.
- However, if the update option isn’t available, you can select Delete and install the app once again.
- Simply visit the App Store and download the app that you want. You should now be having the latest version of the app on your Vizio TV.
Update Apps on Vizio Smart TV via System Update
- Make sure your Vizio Smart TV is powered on and connected to the WiFi network.
- Now, navigate to the Settings menu on the Vizio Smart TV.
- With the Settings menu open, scroll and select the System option.
- Under System, you will want to select the Check for Updates option.
- If the TV detects any kind of updates, it will begin to download the update. The updated firmware will also carry around a few updated versions of pre-installed apps.
- And that is how you can update your apps on the Vizio Smart TV.
Alternatively, you can also download the firmware update to your USB drive and then plug it into your Vizio Smart TV. The TV will automatically detect the firmware file and install it right away.
You May Also Like – How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV
So, there you have it. Two ways that you can use to update your apps on the Vizio Smart TV. Now of course it isn’t as simple as downloading updates from the Play Store or even sideloading the apps for that matter as Vizio TVs do not run Android TV OS. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to update apps on your Vizio Smart TV.
More Related stuff: