Black Shark 3 is the latest gaming phone from Xiaomi. Most users use their smartphones for gaming and it is one of the reasons for the Black Shark 3 success. It is a cool device with more capabilities which it offers by default. And so you can unlock your phone to unleash its power. Here you will know how to unlock bootloader of Black Shark 3.
Black Shark is Xiaomi’s gaming phone series that comes with a different custom OS. The custom OS on Black Shark phones is known as Joy UI. It packs gaming based themes that gives an amazing experience during gaming.
Black Shark 3 features a 90Hz 6.67-inch display that lets you enjoy many games in the big display. And as it is a flagship device, it packs with the snapdragon 865 processor. As it is a gaming phone, it also comes with a better GPU Adreno 650. It runs on the Android 10 based JoyUI 11. If you want to unlock bootloader on Black Shark 3, then you are at the correct place.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Black Shark 3
Black Shark phones run on their own UI “JoyUI”. The UI is made for gamers to provide all the necessary tools and functions for gaming. And it helps gamers to easily capture their best gaming action and many other features that make gaming easier.
As it is different from MIUI which comes in Xiaomi devices, the unlocking process is also different. It is not as easy as Mi and Redmi devices. On other Xiaomi devices, you can simply use the Mi Unlock tool for unlocking the bootloader. But it’s not the case with Black Shark phones.
Many professionals even charge for unlocking bootloader of Black Shark 3. But if you don’t want to pay or are unable to find any professionals. Unlocking bootloader allows users to perform advanced tasks such as rooting, flashing custom ROMs, flashing global stock ROM, etc. It helps users who want to shift to Global ROM from Chinese stock ROM. Check some important points before unlocking the bootloader of Black Shark 3.
- Take a full backup of your Black Shark 3 (The process will wipe all the data)
- You may not receive OTA updates after unlocking bootloader
- The guide will work for Black Shark 3, Black Shark 3 Pro, and Black Shark 3s
- Download Unlock Files | Mirror (Thanks John Eveline)
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC
Note: Thanks to XDA member John Eveline, who came forward with some files that let you unlock bootloader of Black Shark 3. So if you want to give credit to John, you can visit his profile and thank him for his great work.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Black Shark 3 (Pro)
As you know the process is different for unlocking bootloader on Black Shark 3, so we will use Mi Flash Tool for flashing purposes.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your computer and extract the Zip file.
- Go to Settings and open device information. And there tap 7 times on Build Number.
- It will give a message ‘You are now a developer’.
- In Settings search for Developer Options and open it. Now enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Black Shark 3.
- Turn off your Black Shark 3. When the phone is off press & hold Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together.
- When holding buttons, connect your phone to the Computer using a USB cable.
- Now the Black Shark 3 will boot into EDL mode.
- Open the Mi Flash Tool from the extracted folder and flash the UnlockFiles which will be in the extracted folder.
- After flashing the file, boot your device into the fastboot mode (Power off your phone, press and hold Volume Down + Power button together).
- Make sure your device is connected to the computer when it is in Fastboot Mode.
- And then open Unlockfiles folder and run the UnlockBL.bat.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Black Shark 3.
After unlocking the bootloader, the device will reboot. And after reboot, set up your device and enjoy the liberty of modification. You can now flash custom recovery and install Global Stock ROM with Google Services.
If you want to root your Black Shark 3 then stay connected to YTECHB. We will be sharing a detailed guide to root your device.
You May Also Like | 15 Best MIUI Themes That Look Amazing
So that’s all on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Black Shark 3. In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.