Adobe has revoked the support of its Flash Player. Yes, it’s officially dead. And the company recommends users to uninstall the Flash Player for security purposes. If you’re using Adobe Flash Player on your system in the past and want to uninstall it from your PC, then here’s How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on Mac in 2021.
Back in 2017, Adobe released the official statement, that the support of Adobe Flash Player will be available till 2020. Adobe asked developers to migrate to other formats like HTML5, WebGL, and WebAssembly. The major reason behind stop providing access to the flash is the security problems. And the flash content is not compatible on the mobile platforms like iOS and Android. Now Adobe suggests users to remove Adobe Flash Player and its plugin from their PCs and Macs.
Here’s the official statement by Adobe:
“Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.”
Although, uninstalling the Flash Player from both PC and Mac is not much complicated, but there are a few steps you need to be involved in.
Before removing the Adobe Flash from your Mac, you can check whether the Flash is available on your Mac or not. Head over to the system preferences, by clicking on the Apple icon > System Preferences > find the Flash icon. If the flash icon is missing, then it means that flash is not available on your Mac and you are good to go.
If the Adobe Flash Player is available on your Mac, then at first you need to know about your Mac OS version number. You can check the OS version by clicking on the Apple icon > About This Mac > check the macOS version number.
How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on your Mac
To remove Adobe Flash Player, you need to download its uninstaller, so make sure to check your OS version. You can follow afore-listed steps to check it. It will also reset the auto update settings of the Adobe Flash. You can use the bellow links to download Adobe Flash Player uninstaller for your Mac.
Download Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
- Mac OS X, version 10.6 or later: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
- Mac OS X, version 10.4 and 10.5: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
- Mac OS X, version 10.3 or earlier: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
Here’s how you can remove Adobe Flash from Mac OS X version 10.4 or later.
- At first, you need to download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller for your Mac, before downloading make sure to check the OS version by following afore-mentioned steps.
- Once download, you can double-click on the downloaded file to run it.
- It will open a new window, with an uninstaller, you can double-click on it to run, allow the permission if prompted.
- Now, click on uninstall button from Adobe Flash Player uninstaller, close the browser, before clicking the uninstall button.
- Once the process of uninstallation is completed, you can click on Done button.
- Now delete the Adobe Flash Player directory, by heading over to this location, /Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\Player, and delete this directory.
- Also, move this directory to trash, /Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash\.
- Then restart your Mac.
- That’s it.
Here’s how you can remove Adobe Flash from Mac OS X version 10.1 to 10.3.
- Firstly, you need to download the uninstaller using the afore-listed links.
- Then, double click on the downloaded file and allow the permission if asked.
- Now click on continue to start the uninstallation process, make sure to close browser Windows, if any open.
- Once completed, the uninstaller will be closed automatically.
- That’s it.
You can also verify if the Adobe Flash Player is available or not, by heading over to this link.
You May Also Like – How to Install Safari Extensions on Mac [Guide]
In case you’ve any query, then drop it down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: