Xiaomi is one of the best selling smartphone company in most of the regions like India and China. And so its fan base is obviously big. And why it shouldn’t be, the company provides good value for money phones. Some of the popular Xiaomi phones are Mi Note 10, Mi Note 9, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 7, Redmi K30 Pro, Poco F1, and the list goes on. Xiaomi phones are also popular among custom developer and so it receives the majority of the custom development. And while applying custom development if you brick your device then here is How to Unbrick Xiaomi Phones and flash Firmware on Xiaomi Phones.
Most of the users opt Xiaomi’s phone because they like to try custom ROMs, custom Recoveries on their phones. And it doesn’t let you down as unlocking bootloader, rooting and another modification is much easier than other phones. It doesn’t even take a month after release to receive work from custom developers. But if you are modifying your device for the first time then there are chances that you may brick your phone. Not just during modification, this can happen while updating the phone manually.
Here the unbrick state means the device is stuck at boot logo or stuck in bootloop. So if you don’t know how to get back your phone from the dead state then this guide is for you. It is a very common issue and many users end up bricking their device, but you don’t have to worry as Xiaomi provides an official tool for free to fix the phone. And you don’t even have to visit the service center for this. So let’s jump into the guide to flash the firmware on Xiaomi phones and fix bootloop.
How to Flash Firmware & Unbrick Xiaomi Phones
As you know that Xiaomi provides its own official tool and it is one of the reasons that users love Xiaomi and Redmi phones. The tool is free and available to everyone. If the device is in the hard brick state than you won’t be able to use ADB commands and sometimes you can’t even boot to stock Recovery. And in this case, you can use fastboot mode to fix bricked Xiaomi phones. There are many methods to fix dead Xiaomi phones depending on the root cause which bricked the device.
If you were trying to root your Xiaomi or Redmi phone with Magisk patched boot image and it got bricked. Then you can simply flash the stock boot file using Fastboot command to unbrick your Xiaomi phone. But if it is bricked by some other reason then you can flash stock ROM on Xiaomi phones to fix the phone. Once you are familiar with the method to fix bricked Xiaomi phones than from next time you can easily fix it within a few minutes. But if you never heard of it then make sure to follow the steps carefully. Go through the below requirements and then follow the guide to install Stock Firmware on Xiaomi phones.
- Download XiaoMi Flash Tool on your PC
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer
- Install Xiaomi USB Driver on Computer
- Download Stock Firmware for your phone (Link)
- Take a backup in case if you want to flash firmware to update
Steps to Unbrick Xiaomi Phones & Flash Firmware
It is easy to flash firmware on Xiaomi or Redmi phones. And to fix bricked Redmi or Xiaomi phones, we need to flash full firmware as most of the cases the OS gets removed from the device. So with this one guide, you get to learn two things how to unbrick Xiaomi Phones and How to Flash Firmware on Xiaomi Phones.
- First, extract the downloaded Xiaomi Flash Tool zip file. And if you download executable file then install it on your computer.
- Go to the extracted folder and open the Xiaomi Flash Tool or directly run the tool if you have installed it on your phone.
- Copy the download Firmware zip file and extract it on your PC. Remember the location of the extracted folder as you will need it later.
- Now turn off your Xiaomi device and boot into Fastboot mode. For this press and hold Volume Down + Power button together and release both buttons when device boot into Fastboot Mode.
- When the device in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to PC. Click the Refresh button on Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- Xiaomi Flash Tool will detect your phone and ready to flash firmware.
- In Xiaomi Flash Tool click on Select and load the extracted Firmware folder (You need to select the extracted folder under which image folder is located).
- If your device is bricked then select Clean All option in the Xiaomi Flash Tool (you will find the option below in the tool). And if you are updating then select Save User Data option. For users who want to relock bootloader can select the last option.
- When the above steps are done, you need to click on Flash.
- It will now flash the firmware and you can track the progress in the Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- After flashing the firmware the device will restart and your bricked Xiaomi phone will be fixed.
- Setup your device and enjoy your working Xiaomi phone.
That’s it, now you know the process and so even if your device gets bricked. Then you can fix your phone without any problem. This process can also be used to update and relock the bootloader.
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to Unbrick Xiaomi Phones along with a guide on How to flash firmware on Xiaomi Phones. And if you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.
More Related Articles: