Whether you use a phone, a PC, or even a Smart TV, Google is the default search engine for most users. Google is no doubt a powerful and popular search engine that shows you exact results from the keywords that you’ve put in (like this one).
Apart from just being able to search for what you want, it also shows off searches that have been trending throughout the day. This can be useful for many people. But, if you are someone like me that doesn’t like these trending searches, there is a way to turn them off. Here is a guide on how to turn off trending searches on Google.
What are these trending searches? Well, these are topics that have been searched by a large population of people. While most of the time the trending searches will be based on your region, there are certain times that a particular term is being searched globally, hence many people will have the same trending search options. These trending searches are turned on automatically, but there is a way that you can follow to turn them off. Read along to know more.
Turn off Trending Searches on Google
On Android and iOS devices
There are two ways that you can follow on mobile devices to turn off trending searches. Both methods are really simple and easy to follow.
Method 1: Via the Google App
- Launch the Google App. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Make sure it is updated to the latest version.
- Now that the app is launched, tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Now, select the Settings option from the menu that pops up.
- With the Settings page open, tap on General. It is the first option.
- Now, if you look a bit down, you will find Autocomplete with the Trending Searches option.
- Tap on the toggle to turn it off.
Method 2: Via the Browser
- Launch the browser that has been signed in with your Google Account.
- Now head over to google.com.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
- Select the Settings option from the menu.
- Scroll down a bit till you find Autocomplete with Trending Searches.
- Select the radio button that says Do not show popular searches.
- Select the save button to make changes.
On a PC or Mac
- Launch your favorite web browser. It can be Google Chrome, Safari, or even Mozilla Firefox.
- Any web browser that has Google as the search engine.
- Enter google.com in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Once you have entered the page, select the Settings option.
- It will be present in the bottom right corner of the page.
- A menu will pop up. Select Search Settings.
- You will see the Autocomplete with Trending Searches header.
- Simply click on the radio button that says Do not show popular searches.
- Scroll down a bit to Save your changes.
And this is how you can turn off trending searches on Google in any browser or device. Sometimes the trending searches have nice things to show. But, if you feel that these trending searches are of no importance to you or are irrelevant, then you can turn them off. If you have any queries, do let us know about them in the comments below.