Facebook is promoting “Suggested For You” to your profile? This issue becomes common when people are using Facebook and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. In this article, we will take a look at reasons behind the appearance of suggested posts and accounts on Facebook and provide you with steps on how to disable the “Suggested For You” feature on Facebook.
Reasons Why Facebook is Showing You Suggested For You Section
Before doing so, see what the reasons are behind the suggested posts. All these reasons will help you check and stay away from all the causes. Let us see what the reasons are:
- Liking posts is one of the reasons why Facebook recommends the suggested posts.
- Next, commenting on the posts is also a reason.
- The other is the location. These suggested posts will be updated with the location. And, that’s why you will see the posts.
These are some of the reasons.
Now, let’s see what the best solutions are that you can do. Some simple steps will help you overlook the matter.
Can I Get Away From Suggested For You on Facebook?
Yes, you can get away from this problem. To make sure that you do not want these posts again on your Facebook platform, you must try to follow each step in a certain way. Different solutions are present, through which you can permanently or temporarily delete suggestions from your Facebook account.
Turn Off Suggested for You on Facebook
With the help of the Facebook app, you can also turn it off. Follow the below steps to do so:
Step 1: Open Facebook and log in to your account.
Step 2: Now, tap on your profile photo.
Step 3: On a mobile browser, tap on the three-line icon.
Step 4: From now on, scroll down and select the page you want to switch.
Step 5: Then click on Settings and Privacy.
Step 6: From here, choose Settings, then move to the page Settings.
Step 7: Under the Privacy section, tap on How people can people find and contact you? You have to click on the option.
Step 8: Turn off the toggle next to Allow search engines outside Facebook to link to your profile.
Turn Off Suggested for You on Facebook With Posts
The posts will also help you to get rid of this problem. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Log in to Facebook with your account.
Step 2: Now, head over to a post or directly move to it.
Step 3: At the post, in the upper right corner you have to tap on the three-dot icon.
Step 4: Select I don’t want to see this then choose Hide post.
Step 5: In case you want to do this temporarily then what you have to do, is tap on the snooze option. All posts get snooze for 30 days.
Turn Off Suggested for You on Facebook With a Page
It is the way to turn off suggestions for admins of the page. So, if you are a page owner then you can stop your page from recommendations. Look at the steps and follow them in a sequenced manner:
Step 1: Go to your Facebook feed by logging into your account.
Step 2: Here, you have to click on the page from the left side.
Step 3: Select your page and click on Settings.
Step 4: From here, move to Privacy and tap on Recommend Similar Page.
Step 5: You have to deselect Allow your Page to be recommended to people looking at similar Pages.
Step 6: After which you have to tap on the Save button.
Turn Off Suggested for You on Facebook By Reporting a Post
You can also turn off suggested for you on Facebook by reporting a post. What you have to do is to look for the report option. Here’s how you can do it.
Step 1: Open Facebook and make sure you are logged in.
Step 2: Go to the post you don’t want to see anymore on your feed.
Step 3: From the post, you have to tap on the three-dot icon present in the upper right corner.
Step 4: Here, you will see the option report, tap on it.
Once you do, Facebook will not suggest similar posts.
Turn off Suggested Ads
Sometimes suggested ads are annoying. But worry not, you can disable them by following the simple steps:
Step 1: Log in to Facebook, and head over to your Facebook profile.
Step 2: Click on Settings and Privacy.
Step 3: Next, choose Settings.
Step 4: Scroll down to Ads and click on Ad Preferences.
Step 5: Adjust ad topics as per your wish. It will help you to show the ads that are related to your interest.
Tips to Stay Away From Such Posts
Some tips will help you to get away from such suggested posts. Here will guide you on what you can do by yourself so that in the future you will not come to meet with these suggested posts. Look at some points below, which will help you test the better outcomes related to getting rid of these problems without following the steps.
- One of the best things you can do while scrolling through Facebook is never being in touch with the posts. It becomes our habit to like posts when attracted to them. So, avoid reacting to the post and only scroll the platform.
- For extra things, you can also use browser extensions so that the ads get blocked and your ads will not come on your social media page.
- To stay away from unwanted content, you can go to the settings and disable the news option.
- Keep in mind that while using Facebook, you keep your location off.
So, these are some different methods that will help you turn off suggestions for you on Facebook. I hope you find this article helpful. Please leave any further questions in the comments area. Also, please share this article with your friends and family.
You might be interested in:
- 60+ Best WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for iPhone and Android 
- How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Fix No Internet Connection on Facebook App
- How to Download All Photos from Facebook on PC and Mobile
- How to Clear Facebook Cache on iPhone and Android
- How to share your iPhone’s screen with someone on Facebook Messenger
- Facebook jumps on the Audio Chats bandwagon with Social Audio Experiences