Having trouble turning off your Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro due to some technical issues? We have collected all queries and problems related to the new Pixel 8 series and decided to share one stop solution which will help you fixing the problem.
There could be any reason why turning off your phone is a real problem for you right now. It could be that the touch not working, display is broken, power key not working, or another possible reason that is stopping you from using the stock (default) method to turn off Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro.
Different Methods to Turn Off Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro
In case you don’t have any issues on your phone and just looking for a simple way to turn off your phone, then all you need is long press the Power button, and then from options choose Power Off. Your Pixel 8 will turn off and you can restart by holding the Power button until the logo appears.
If you are here, most probably you are not able to use the standard method. So follow these methods to turn off your new Pixel 8 phone. You can choose the method that is easier for you or just start with the first method and see which method works for you.
Using Key Combinations
This is the easiest way you can try to turn off your Pixel 8 phone.
- Press and hold Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys together. Yes you need to hold all three buttons.
- Keep pressing these buttons for about 30 seconds.
- Your phone will turn off.
I hope this works for all users because it takes less time. But if it didn’t work there are few more options mention below that you can try.
Ask Google Assistant
Google assistant is the best AI assistant on any device. It can do a lot more things then you might have tried. Yes you can also ask your Assistant to turn off your phone without power button and without touch, if the display touch is not working or if the power button is not working. For other methods you will need to use keys, but not for this method.
However there is a condition that the Google Assistant is not turned off. If its turned off the Assistant will not launch.
- Launch the Google Assistant with voice command.
- And now give this command ‘Turn off my phone’.
- The Assistant may ask for confirmation, say Yes.
- Now your Pixel 8 will turn off.
Power Off your Pixel 8 using Fastboot Mode
Fastboot screen is an informative page which comes on all Android phones. In the fastboot mode you can check various details like bootloader status, full RAM and storage detail, and many other details. There are also some other options that you can cary out directly from Fastboot mode including the Power Off.
- On your Pixel 8/Pixel 8 Pro press and hold Power and Volume Up keys.
- After 10 seconds, release both keys and immediately press and hold Power and Volume Down keys together.
- Keep holding both buttons until you see the Fastboot Mode screen.
- In the Fastboot Mode, press the Volume up button one time which will take to Power Off option.
- Press the Power button once and your Pixel 8 will turn off.
Fastboot and Recovery Image source
Turn off from Recovery Mode
This is the extension of previous method. Every phone come with Stock Recovery which includes many manual actions. General users may not be aware of this because they hardly have the use for it. But today you will need this if your Pixel 8 touch is not working.
- Press and hold Power and Volume up buttons for 10 second.
- After releasing both key, immediately press and hold Power + Volume Down button.
- Release both key once your phone boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now press Volume Down button two times which will take you to the Recovery option.
- Press the Power button to boot into Recovery. If you see dead Android icon, hold the power button and press Volume up button once.
- Now in Recovery mode, you can navigate between available options using Volume buttons. Go to the Power off which will be the last option.
- Once the Power Off option is highlighted, press the Power button and your Pixel 8 will turn off.
Let the Pixel 8 run out of Juice
If none of the above methods worked for you, you still have one universal method which is to let the device turn off its own.
Once your Pixel 8 run out of battery, it will turn off automatically. This is going to be your last option because you don’t know how much time it will take before the Pixel 8 run out of battery.
So these are some methods you can follow to turn off your Pixel 8 even if your touch or power button is not working.
How To Guides: