For some reason, if your power button is not working, you can still turn on and turn off your Android Phone. Here you will know different methods to turn off Android Phone without power button.
Each phone has a dedicated power button for turning on and off the phone whether it is a feature phone or smartphone. On Smartphones the power button can also perform other tasks like reboot, boot into bootloader, emergency calls, etc. But what if the power button is broken or loose, it will stop working. In that case, you can no longer use the Power button to turn on the phone or turn off the phone. Don’t worry this is the guide where you can solve this issue. Here you will know how to turn off Android Phone without Power Button.
Although the majority of android phones come with durable keys, these are still vulnerable to drops or other accidents. And if you have an old phone, then it is more likely that the power button will go loose and stop working. It is because Power buttons used in older phones are not of good quality or even the mapping is not correct. So, if you encounter such a situation, you can follow this guide to find out alternate ways to turn off Android phone without power button.
How to Turn Off Android Phone Without Power Button
In case your power button is not working, you can still perform power button operations. In fact, there are many ways to power on or power off Android phones. Here in this guide, we will share methods to Switch off Android phones without Power button. Luckily there are few effective methods for this task. So check out all the methods and apply the one that is easy for you. Talking about easy, let’s start the guide with the easiest method.
Method 1: Turn Off Android Phone Using Settings
Some Android phones have a separate option for turning off the phone. So don’t worry if you ever fall into that situation. The power off option can be different for phones from different OEMs. So in that case you need to explore your phone’s settings. You can save some of your time following the steps given below to Power off your phone without power button using Settings.
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Now search for Power off or Turn off or switch off.
- It will show all the settings related to it (Not all phones will have this option).
- So if you find the option click on it.
- It will take you to the main Settings where it is located.
- Now click on the Power Off/Turn Off/Switch Off option and it will turn off your phone without Power button.
Method 2: Schedule Power On/Off to turn off your Android Phone
Yes, all the Android phones come with another option called Schedule On and Off. There is no need to describe it as you already know from its name. But it is possible that you may not be aware of how to use this feature. This feature can also be used to turn off Android phones without power button. You can follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings on your Phone.
- Now search for Schedule.
- It will show related Settings, Schedule On/Off will be one of the options.
- Click on it and it will take you to the desired Settings page.
- Now here you can set Power Off time (set it to the closest time if you want to power off immediately).
- Once the time hits, your phone will turn off without the use of the Power button.
It’s simple, right. This option will be available on most of the phones.
Method 3: Use a Third Party App to Turn Off Android Phone
This is the most common method that many users follow. It allows us to easily turn off our Phones without using the Power button. These apps work just like the Power button, all you have to do is click on the app and it will show all options that you used to get on pressing the Power button. Let’s make it simple with some steps.
- Install any Power button app from Play Store. I am using the Shutdown app.
- Now open the app and it will ask to allow accessibility.
- Click on Ok and give the Accessibility permission.
- Now go back and click on the app.
- It will show the option for Power Off, Restart, and all other options.
- Click on the Power off option to turn off phone without power button.
I know most of you already got an effective method from these three methods. But if you haven’t found a suitable method for your phone, then check out other methods in the list.
Method 4: Turn Off Phone using Accessibility
Accessibility is one of the features that present in all Android phones. It allows users to easily access some of the important functions with a single tap. It just works like an Assistive touch on the iPhone. Accessing Accessibility settings can be different for different phones. So let’s first check for Samsung Phones.
- Open Settings on your Samsung phone.
- Search for Accessibility settings and open it.
- Under Accessibility open Interaction & Dexterity and enable Assistant Menu.
- It will now show a floating icon, click on it and it will show some options.
- Click on Phone Options/Power Off Menu and it will show the Power menu. If you don’t see the Phone options, swipe to the next page.
- Tap on Power off to turn off your Samsung phone without the power button.
If you have other phones like Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, Xiaomi etc, then you can use this method to turn off phone without power button.
- Open Accessibility settings on your phones (search for accessibility in Settings).
- Now enable Accessibility Menu. You will find some text which will show how you can open Accessibility options.
- Open Accessibility menu as per the process mentioned in the text.
- And then click on Power which will show Power options.
- Click on Power Off to turn off the phone without power button.
Note: For Some phones, you need to have a navigation bar enabled to use Accessibility. So make sure you enable the Navigation bar on your phone.
Method 5: Turn Off phone using ADB
ADB or Android Debug Bridge is a useful feature of Android that allows us to control phones with our computers. It is a powerful mode on an Android phone in which you can perform any activity using various ADB commands. And luckily there is also an adb command to power off android phone without power button. So, let’s check all the steps.
- This method requires the correct set of drivers, so install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- To use the ADB commands, you also need to enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Now connect your phone to your computer and authorize Debugging on your phone.
- Open CMD or Command windows on your PC. Enter the below command to check if the phone is connected to the PC.
adb devices(for Windows)
/.adb devices(for Mac)
- The above command will show your device ID. If it asks for Debugging authorization, then allow it and run the command again.
- Now to turn off your phone without power button enter the below command.
adb shell reboot -p
- Now your phone will switch off.
ADB is a powerful mode using which you can perform various actions like sideloading apk, update zip, etc.
Method 6: Turn off phone using Quick Settings
Many OEMs include the power off option on Quick settings. A popular example is Samsung. Quick Settings is the set of settings that you can access with one tap. Remember that not all phones will have this option so check out the steps to know if it is available on your phone. Let’s check how to turn off Android phone without power button using Quick Settings.
- Pull down the Quick Settings on your Phone (Use swipe down gesture).
- Now look for the Power icon on top of the Quick Settings.
- Click on it and it will open all Power options.
- Click on Power off to switch off your phone without power button.
Method 7: Turn Off Android phone using Assistive Touch
Assistive touch is available on some devices by default. It works just like the iPhone. But unfortunately, most of the phones don’t have this option. Don’t worry we have an alternate method to get an Assistive touch. So let’s check how to turn off phone without power button.
- Download the Assistive touch app from Play Store. Skip if your phone already has an Assistive touch feature.
- Open the app and allow required permissions.
- In the App go to the Custom Menu and place the Power option in one of the panels.
- Now go back and click on the Assistive icon.
- It will show options, click on the Power icon and it will show different power options.
- Select Power Off to shut down your phone without power button.
Method 8: Remap Power button to turn off your Android Phone
If only the Power button is defective and other buttons are working, you can remap buttons. Power button is the most used button on a daily basis as we use it for lock/unlock, power off and power on. So, if you have any button on your phone that you don’t use frequently then you can remap and make it your next Power button. If you don’t know how to remap buttons, you can follow these steps.
- Download Buttons Remapper app from Play Store.
- Open the app and grant Accessibility permission.
- Go back to the app and enable the Service using the toggle.
- Now click on + icon and select the Key you want to remap, for e.g. Volume Down.
- Then in the Action, select Power Menu and click OK.
- Once done, you can press the Volume Down button and it will show the Power Menu.
- You can now power off your phone without power button.
Method 9: Use Bixby to turn off Samsung Phone
If you have a Samsung Android phone, then it is very easy for you. You can use the Quick Settings method mentioned above. But for some reason the Quick settings method is not working, so you can also use the Bixby to turn off Samsung phone without Power button. This feature is not available in Google Assistant, so it only works on Samsung. Let’s jump to the steps of our final method.
- Set up Bixby on your Samsung phone. You can use this guide.
- Once done press and hold the Side Key. While holding the key, say ‘Turn off the phone’.
- The Bixby will now activate the power menu.
- You can use the Power Off option to turn off Samsung phone without power button.
So these are the few methods that you can use to turn off your phone if the Power button is not working. These alternative methods are effective for Android phones. Let us know your favorite method that you will prefer over other methods. Also, let us know in the comment section if you have any queries.