Apple has recently introduced the iPhone 12 series which is now available to buy. And if you have one of the iPhone 12 then this guide is for you. iPhone 12 packs with many new features which already runs on iOS 14. It means you can operate the iPhone 12 the same way as iPhone 11. But in case if you want to know more than one way to take a screenshot on iPhone 12 then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to take a screenshot on iPhone 12.
iPhone 12 series includes the standard iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 12 Pro. The phone comes with powerpack performance and with some tips and tricks you can utilise the device for better performance. We have shared some unique guides for iPhone 12 users and here’s another iPhone 12 guide for you.
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 12
As you know the iPhone 12 runs on iOS 14 out of the box so the common process will be the same as iPhone 11 and other phones without the home button. But there is more than one method to capture a screenshot on the iPhone 12 which you might not be aware of. So here I will be sharing all the methods for iPhone 12 screenshots.
Let’s now start the guide with our first method which is a common method to take screenshots on iPhones.
Method 1: Shortcut Buttons
In this method we will be using the available buttons to capture iPhone 12 screenshots.
- To capture the screenshot first visit the page that you want to Screenshot.
- Then on that screen press the Power + Volume Up button.
- It will capture the screen and show the screenshot in the below corner.
- You can tap on the screenshot to customize it and save it to your phone.
This is the common method that you may probably also use on other iPhones. It is one of the easiest methods to capture a screenshot on any newer phones without a home button. The second method will be more interesting and you may not be aware of it.
Method 2: Double tap on the back of iPhone
This method is going to be interesting. We have also shared a guide to take screenshots by tapping on the back of an Android Phone. In Android, we have to install a third-party app for this method, but iPhones already have this feature and you can directly enable it from Settings. So let’s check how you can take screenshots by tapping on the back of an iPhone.
- First Open Settings on your iPhone 12.
- Then look for Accessibility and open it.
- In the next tab tap on the ‘Touch’ option which will be under the Physical and Motor section.
- Now scroll to the last and select Back Tap.
- You can now choose the Double Tap or Triple tap option.
- It will give a list of operations, so click on Screenshot and go back.
- Now tap two or three times (that you choose) on the back and it will capture the screenshot.
That’s it, you can now take a screenshot without using any buttons. This comes in handy if the button is loose and you are unable to take a screenshot. But now you know the interesting method. Now let’s jump into our third method to capture iPhone 12 Screenshot.
Method 3: Assistive Touch
There are many unique things in an iPhone including the Assistive touch button. It let you perform any operations with just one touch. And you can also take screenshots with the help of Assistive touch. Assistive touch comes with many options and to get a screenshot in the first screen, you can customize it from Settings.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch on your iPhone 12.
- In the Touch tab, click on Assistive Touch.
- To customize Assistive Touch, click on Customize Top Level Menu.
- Now click on any icon that you don’t use and replace it with Screenshot.
- Go back and it’s done. You can now tap on Assistive Touch > Screenshot to take a screenshot on iPhone 12.
It is also an easy way to capture screenshots on iPhone 12. But there’s a better way to capture a screenshot using Assistive Touch which you will find in the next method.
Method 4: Double Tap Assistive Touch
Yes, you can take a screenshot on iPhone 12 by tapping the assistive touch button twice. It is an easier and more comfortable method to capture a screenshot. Let’s start the guide.
- Open Settings and go to Accessibility > Touch.
- Now select the Assistive Touch option.
- In the Assistive Touch settings, you will find a Double-Tap option, click on it.
- Then select Screenshot from the list and go back to the page of which you want to take the screenshot.
- Now double tap on the Assistive Touch button and take a screenshot on iPhone 12.
These four methods can be used in different scenarios. All the methods are effective and work pretty well.
There you have it the complete guide on how to take screenshots on iPhone 12. We are also going to share more guides regarding iPhone 12, so stay connected with us. In case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.