Discord is a great platform where you and your friends can hang out and have a good time. It can be either playing a multiplayer game, listening to music, or maybe just talking about anything and everything. Now, we do know that Discord can be used to live stream a game or anything else for that matter to your friends on a server. However, do you also know that you can start a watch party by streaming content from Hulu with your friends on Discord? Here is our guide on how to stream Hulu on Discord.
Hulu is a great streaming service that lets you watch a ton of content such as movies, tv shows, and even live tv(based on the type of plan you have chosen). While it has a lot of good stuff, the downside of Hulu is that it isn’t available globally. Only a select number of regions are able to access Hulu. So, what do you do when you live in a region where Hulu is accessible and you have friends that want to watch a particular show? Well, you can easily stream Hulu via Discord and have a good watch party with them. To know how to stream Hulu on Discord, follow this guide.
- Discord App for Windows
- Web Browser
- Hulu Account
How to Stream Hulu on Discord
- First off, make sure that you have Discord installed and updated on your Windows PC.
- Sign in to the app if you haven’t done it yet.
- Now, create a server on Discord and make sure to add your friends to it.
- To create a server, scroll the left-hand pane till you find the + icon. Clicking will let you create a server. You can set a name to it as well.
- Now, invite your friends to the server by opening the channel and clicking on the Create Invite icon. Now that your friends have been added, join a Voice Channel in Discord.
- In the meantime, fire up your favorite web browser and sign in with your Hulu credentials. Also, open up the show or movie that you wish to play and pause it.
- Now, open up User Settings in Discord.
- Scroll till you find the Activity Status option. Your web browser should be detected there.
- If not, click on the Add It text. And enter in your web browser.
- Once your web browser shows up, click on it. It will now be added as a game to your Discord.
- Now within the Discord Settings page, click on Advanced.
- You will see the Hardware Acceleration settings option. Make sure to switch the toggle to Off.
- Discord will restart itself and you should be back on your server.
- The web browser will restart and you should be back on Hulu.
- With everything done, go back to Discord and click on the Screen button.
- Choose your web browser. It will now be displayed within Discord.
- Now, simply press the play button on your web browser to play the show or movie.
- You will now be streaming the audio as well as video from Hulu with your friends on Discord.
And there you have it. A simple and easy way to stream Hulu on Discord with your friends. This is a simple and fun way of hanging out virtually and enjoying your favorite show with your friends. If you follow aloof the steps correctly and have hardware Acceleration turned off, you should not be getting any black screens in Discord. What do you think about streaming Hulu via Discord? Is it something that you would do to have a movie night with your friends virtually? Let us know about it in the comments below.