Smart TVs are known to be smart because they can connect to the internet and let you stream almost any streaming service. However, the same cannot be said regarding the LG range of Smart TVs. Why? Because their TVs run on Web OS and not every streaming service app is available on Web OS. The AT&T TV app however is one of the apps that are not available in the LG’s Web OS app store. So, how do you watch your favorite content on the big screen? This guide will show you how to watch AT&T TV on LG Smart TV.
AT&T TV now known as DIRECTV Stream is a service that lets you watch many channels for a monthly paid subscription plan. The plans range between $69.99 up to $139.99 per month. You can stream the service on your Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TV, Android TV, and even on your PC. Only the LG’s range of Smart TVs does not have the app. So, if you are someone that has a subscription plan for DIRECTV and also an LG TV, here is a guide on how you can stream the AT&T TV app i.e. DIRECTV Stream app on your LG Smart TV.
How to watch AT&T TV on LG TV
Since there is no app available for these TVs, the only way you can watch the content of this app on the big screen is by using the Cast option. You can follow these steps to cast the AT&T TV app on your LG Smart TV
Cast from Android or iOS device to LG Smart TV
- First, make sure to have the latest version of the pap on your Android or iOS device.
- Also, make sure to log in to the app.
- Next, you need to make sure that your Android or iOS device along with your LG Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your mobile device, launch the app. Now, sect the channel or the show that you plan to watch.
- Once you have started playing the show, simply tap on the cast icon that you see.
- It will now look for wireless displays that are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- When you find your LG Smart TV in the list, tap on it.
- You can now stream your AT&T TV app using your mobile device wirelessly.
Cast from Windows PC to LG Smart TV
- You need to have your PC as well as your LG Smart TV connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your computer, launch the Google Chrome web browser.
- Now, head over to the DIRECT TV Stream website and log in with your credentials.
- With all of that done, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the web browser.
- Select the Cast option.
- The computer will begin to search for wireless displays.
- Select your LG Smart TV from the list.
- You will now be able to cast the shows from your computer to your LG Smart TV.
If you do not wish to cast the app from your devices to the LG Smart TV, well, the only sensible way is to get yourself an Amazon Fire TV Stick or a Roku Streaming Stick. These can be purchased right off Amazon and can be connected to the HDMI Port of your LG Smart TV, The AT&T TV app is available for both devices which can be downloaded and accessed right away.
Apart from the methods mentioned above, there is no other way for you to access and stream the AT&T TV app on your LG Smart TV. Yes, it is a bit annoying that the LG Smart TVs Web OS Store does not have this particular app. Anyway, we hope this guide has helped you understand how to access the app on an LG Smart TV. If you have any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: