Sending emails has become a part of daily life for millions of people all over. One of the most popular email service providers is Google’s Gmail. The moment you create a Google account you get access to a large variety of Google services that you can use for free, including the email service.
With Gmail, you can send attachments of up to 25MB per email, which is good if you want to send small files and not have to upload them to Google Drive storage to share the file. File sizes can vary and at times it can be a bit difficult to look for that one particular email that you received a long time back. To help with this, Gmail lets you sort out emails based on various criteria. Read on to know how to sort Gmail by size.
We all know how Gmail functions and why it is popular. Sadly though, it doesn’t have options that let you sort the emails based on attachment sizes. Well, in all fairness for the general public it might not be a useful feature at all. However, there is always that group of people who wish to have such kind of features that make using Gmail even easier. While these features might not be built-in right away, you can use a few ways to sort your Gmail, let’s get started.
How to Sort Gmail by size
There are a few ways that you can use to sort through your email contents in Gmail. To do this, you will have to open your Gmail account on a web browser on your PC. Once you have opened it, simply head over to the search bar. Here is where you will be inputting various strings to sort through your Gmail.
Sort Gmail with particular size
If you are looking around for emails that you have received with attached files of a particular size, you search through these emails as well. All you need to do is enter size 6MB (you can enter any size value here) and press the enter key. You will now receive a list of all emails that contain a file attachment that weighs in at 6MB. If you are looking for big attachments in larger_than:10MB smaller_than:6MB. This string will filter through emails that have attachment sizes between 6MB and 10MB.
Using search options
While it may seem that there aren’t many options to sort through your email. Gmail has all of these features hidden in the search bar. Here is how you can get access to it.
- Head over to the search bar in Gmail.
- In the search bar, look to the right.
- You will see a Settings icon that says show advanced options. Click on it.
- Here is where you can further expand the search options. These settings page also lets you sort through all of your emails.
- You can enter a particular keyword and hit search. It will then display all emails that have a particular keyword in them.
- There is also an option to sort through email by size. Simply select the Greater Than or Less than option followed by the size number and finally whether it is in KB or MB.
- You can also search through email based on how old it was. You can choose between a day or up to a year. Provided you didn’t delete your year-old emails.
- Apart from that, you can search through all the various folders that are created in Gmail. It lets you search through Spam, Trash, Sent. Favorites etc.
- And finally, you can choose whether you want to search through conversations or for that matter include or exclude emails that have attachments with it.
So, there you have it, different ways you can use to search and sort Gmail by its size. Now, these features are great for those users who might have forgotten who sent a particular email or if you remember only a fragment of the mail. These features work perfectly on web browsers. Unfortunately, these search features aren’t present on the Gmail mobile apps for Android and iOS. To search through apps, you will simply have to enter the text in the search box and deal with the results that appear.
More Related Stuff: