Smart TVs have been on the rise all thanks to their various features and the number of apps that you can install on them. Depending on the TV brand and what OS it is running you will have more freedom in being able to install apps from third-party sources. TVs that run Google’s Android TV OS have the most freedom when it comes to sideloading apps. Hisense is a popular TV brand that uses Android OS on its TVs. Today, we’ll be taking a look at how to sideload apps on Hisense Smart TV.
Why would anyone want to sideload apps on TV you might ask. Well, there could be some apps that might not be available in your region on PlayStore, or maybe the app is simply not on the PlayStore. This is where sideloading of apps comes into play. Maybe your Wi-Fi network is weak, slow, or just not available for a certain time, then sideloading apps is a good option. And if you have Hisense TV, you might be looking for a guide to install apps on the TV. So, read on to know how to sideload apps on your Hisense Android smart TV.
How to Sideload apps on Hisense Android Smart TV
Hisense Android TV has similar features as any other Android TV. It let you install apk file to get the app outside from PlayStore. You don’t need to connect your TV to the internet to install apps on Hisense TV. To begin the sideloading process you will need to have to install two apps that come in very handy for sideloading apps on your Hisense Android smart TV.
Enable install apps from Unknown Sources
This is the first and foremost step to install third-party apps on your Hisense smart TV. Just like an Android phone, you would need to allow your Hisense TV to install third party apps.
- Open up the Settings menu on your Hisense TV.
- Next, head over to Personal Options and then Security.
- Here, select install from Unknown Sources and enable it.
- Once you have enabled the option, head over to the PlayStore on your TV.
- Search and install the Sideload Launcher app and a File Manager app.
- Since you are downloading from the PlayStore on your TV, the TV versions will install right away on your device.
Method 1: Sideload apps on Hisense TV from a web browser
- On your PC head over to the Google PlayStore with your favorite web browser.
- Search for the app that you wish to install onto your Hisense TV.
- When you click on the install button, it will ask you to sign in with a Google account. Make sure to sign in with the same account that you have used to sign in to the TV.
- After signing in, it will ask you which device you wish to have the app installed on. Select your Hisense TV from the device list.
- Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet.
- When the app has finished downloading and completed the installation, you will receive a notification that the app has been installed on your Hisense Smart TV.
And this is one way to sideload apps on Hisense TV from the web browser. If there is an app that isn’t on the PlayStore and you want it on your Hisense TV, then follow the second method as it will help you in the same situation.
Method 2: Sideload apps on Hisense TV with APK Files
- On your PC visit the website that hosts apps to download. Make sure that the website hosts genuine apps and is trusted and free from any malware or viruses.
- Search for the app that you wish to download and look for its APK file.
- Ensure that the app you are downloading supports installation on Android TV.
- Once you have downloaded all the apps that you wish to sideload, copy all these apk files onto a USB drive.
- Plug the USB drive into your Hisense TV USB port.
- View the contents of the USB drive with the File Manager that you earlier downloaded onto your TV.
- Locate the apk file and install the app on your Hisense TV.
- Wait for a while till the app has been installed.
- Now, open the Sideload launcher app that you earlier downloaded and open it.
- With the app open, you can no navigate to the app that you just installed from the USB drive and open it right away.
Check More Methods Here: How to Sideload Apps on Android TV Manually [3 Methods]
For this method, you need can either download apk directly from a browser that is already available on your TV or you can use any valid way to transfer apks to your TV. Since most of the Hisense TVs run on Android OS, all you need is an APK file to manually install the app outside of the PlayStore. Hisense R series TV comes with Roku and to get apps on the R series, you can follow the method to install apps on Roku.
And in this way, you will be able to sideload apps on Hisense Smart TV with the help of an APK file and an external storage device.
We hope this guide has helped you learn to sideload apps on your Hisense Android smart TV. If you have a Hisense smart TV that runs on RokuOS then you can follow this guide on how to install apps on a Roku-enabled TV.
More TV Guides: